If you’ve visited us at Eden this week for Halloweden, or are coming this weekend, you may have attended one of our pumpkin carving workshops.
So what to do with the leftovers once you carved your pumkin? How about some lovely Spiced Pumpkin soup.
Spiced Pumpkin soup…
- Approx. 900g of peeled, de-seeded pumpkin flesh
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 stick of celery, roughly chopped
- l litre stock (chicken or vegetable- from a cube is fine)
- 25g butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large pan, melt the butter and over a low/medium heat, fry the onions ‘til they’re golden
- Add the rest of the vegetables and spices and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes
- Add the stock and simmer gently for 20 minutes
- Blend the soup in a food processor (watch out for hot splashes!)
- Season to taste, then serve with a sprinkling of herbs and/or a swirl of cream
Let us know how you get on!