Try making this lovely warming winter dish, using this recipe from Eden’s chefs. Or if you’re vegetarian, you might like our vegetarian Spanish stew recipe instead.
These amounts make four to six hearty portions.
- 1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500g diced beef
- 400g diced potato
- 200g diced onions
- 150g diced parsnip
- 400g diced carrots
- 1 litre beef stock
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat a large sauce pan and add the vegetable oil.
- Add the diced beef and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the vegetables, the beef stock and salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for one and a half to two hours.
- Taste and add more seasoning if required.
Try this dish at the Eden Project – find out what you can eat, and where, on our food page.