December 3, 2012
This year we’re publishing a series of Christmas recipes for the delicious biscuits and cakes that we’re serving up in the Eden Bakery over the festive period for our Time of Gifts winter festival.
- 200g butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 500g plain flour
- 5g (1 tsp) salt
- 5g (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 125g chopped walnuts
- 200g prepared mincemeat, drained
- Preheat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease baking trays.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs together, and then beat in vanilla.
- Sift the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda together, and add to butter mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the nuts and mincemeat and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until light brown.