December 5, 2012
This year we’re publishing a series of Christmas recipes for the delicious biscuits and cakes that we’re serving up in the Eden Bakery over the festive period for our Time of Gifts winter festival.
- 250g butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 550g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Line baking trays with parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Stir in egg, golden syrup, orange juice and orange zest.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; stir into the creamed mixture until combined.
- Roll dough out to .25cm thickness, and cut into shapes with biscuit cutters. Place on baking trays and bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool biscuits on wire racks and then dust with icing sugar to serve.