April 29, 2014
Author: Beth Flood-Fairlamb
Have you tried the wholesome cheese scones served in our cafes at the Eden Project? Now you can make your own with this simple recipe.
Ingredients (makes 8)
- 660g plain flour
- 35g baking powder
- 90g sugar
- 90g butter
- 2 eggs
- 315ml milk
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 20ml milk
- 80g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 225C.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and butter in a bowl for five minutes.
- Mix the milk and eggs together and add slowly to the dry mix.
- Add the cheese and mix for one to two minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a 3cm thickness and cut with the scone cutter.
- Glaze the scones with the egg wash and dip them into the remaining cheese.
- Let the scones rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake the scones in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
With thanks to Alpha for the above photo.