Festival of Light and Sound photo competition: win a £250 voucher for the Eden Shop
- Instagram or Tweet your photos with #xmaslasercomp
- Competition open from 24 November to 30 December 2017
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over
We’re giving a £250 voucher for our onsite shop to the person who tweets or Instagrams the best photo of our spectacular Festival of Light and Sound featuring iy_project by Chris Levine this Christmas season.
It's not hard to take amazing pictures of the Festival, which features dramatic lasers across the Eden landscape both inside our Mediterranean Biome and across our outdoor landscape. Find out when the Festival is on here.
The prize is a £250 voucher for the Eden Shop. Our ranges change regularly and include everything from high-quality plants and hand-tied bouquets, to great food and brilliant accessories for the home. We also stock great energy-saving gadgets, ethical cosmetics, gardening equipment and award-winning toys for kids.
How to enter
To enter, Instagram or Tweet your photo of our Festival of Light and Sound to your followers (don't include @edenproject at the start of your Tweet) and include the hashtag #xmaslasercomp
We want you to capture the best photos you can of our spectacular laser show and share them with your friends. There is no limit on the number of photos you can enter. Be creative!
Terms and conditions
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who are 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the promoter, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- There will be one competition, starting at 00:00 on Friday 24 November 2017 and closing at 23:59 on Saturday 30 December 2017. Any entries received outside these times and dates will not be accepted.
- How to enter: Internet access and a Twitter and/or Instagram accounts are required to enter. Online entry via Twitter or Instagram only - all participants must have access to the internet and an active Twitter and/or Instagram account. If you do not have a Twitter or Instagram account you will need to create one in order to participate and you will require an active email address in order to do this. See https://support.twitter.com or https://help.instagram.com for support.
- To enter, you can either:
- Tweet your photo that you took at the Eden Project to your followers, including the hashtag #xmaslasercomp, and you will be automatically entered into the competition. Do not include @edenproject at the beginning of your Tweet.
- Instagram your photo that you took at the Eden Project to your followers, including the hashtag #xmaslasercomp, and you will be automatically entered into the competition. You can choose whether you set your location as ‘Eden Project’ or not.
- By participating in the promotion the entrants licence and grants the promoter and prize provider exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
- The prize comprises of a £250 voucher for the Eden Shop to be spent in the onsite shop.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of judges with at least one independent judge. The criteria for selection will be for creativity and capturing the essence of the Festival of Light and Sound.
- One winner will be picked from all valid entries received and will be notified via Twitter or Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. At point of winner notification, the winner will be asked to supply a valid email address for further information on the prize to be sent to.
- In the event the claim for the prize is not received by the promoter within 28 days of prize notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries or claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the website. Numerous factors outside the control of the promoter may interfere with the operation of the website.
- There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control. The promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The name and county of the winner will be available on this page within 3 months of the closing date. By entering this promotion, you consent to the use of this information being used in this manner.
- The winner agrees to reasonable post-event publicity by the promoter with no further recompense.
- Any questions concerning the legal interpretation of these terms & conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
- The promoter monitors entrants’ responses to this Promotion and any responses which are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter or Instagram communities or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, and prevailing standards. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any answers in breach of this term with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.