Game Changer careers programme for young people
- Free support
- For people aged 15–24 living in Cornwall
- For those not in/about to leave employment or education
- Places available now
A brilliant opportunity for young people in Cornwall to get support in exploring training and employment opportunities that really suit their unique passions. This includes an inspirational one-day taster session of what it’s like to work in the leisure and tourism industry, at the Eden Project – and it could lead to a volunteer placement with us!
Exploring new opportunities together
Are you a young person living in Cornwall, who is looking to explore opportunities for your future? If you’re aged 15-24 and are not currently in education or employment – or think you may soon be in this situation – give Game Changer a go.
It’s a new scheme designed to offer personalised support to take you from your current situation into a job or training focused on your unique interests and passions. The idea isn’t just to help you get any old job, or win a place on a course you won’t enjoy, but help you explore what suits you best.
Here’s how it works
1. We help you create a plan
When you join Game Changer, you work with a mentor (we call them Navigators); someone who helps you open doors to new opportunities and works with you to create a plan for overcoming any barriers you’re facing.
2. You experience a taster day in a real workplace
You can choose a taster day in all sorts of different sectors – from the marine industry to construction to health right through to tourism and leisure. This is where the Eden Project comes in. We welcome groups of people just like you at Eden regularly, for one-day taster sessions. Join us to:
- see behind the scenes at this well-known tourist attraction, and get an understanding of how a place like this works
- meet people working in a wide range of roles, from office-based positions to practical roles around site
- enjoy a personalised tour around the site, including the hidden corners, to find out how this place was created from a former clay pit, and how it’s run today
- meet other young people in the same boat as you, enjoy lunch with them in the staff canteen, and take part in a practical activity together
- learn about opportunities for you at Eden, such as apprenticeships and volunteering placements
We promise, the day is a fun, informal experience, and there are absolutely no classrooms or presentations!
3. You can join us for a more specialised placement
After your taster session, you’ll chat to your Navigator about what happens next. If you found your time at Eden useful, you may decide to join us for a more specialised experience within one of our teams.
We have lots of opportunities for young people like you to join our diverse teams at Eden, including within Retail, Horticulture, Event Management, Hospitality, Site Management, Digital storytelling, Logistics.
These placements can be arranged for as little as one day, or for as long as you wish! They’re a great opportunity for you to explore what it is that makes you tick, and to experience being in a real workplace.
Is Game Changer for you?
If you’re aged 15–24, are living in Cornwall, and are not employed or in education at the moment – or think you may soon be in this situation – you’re welcome to apply to join us on this free programme.
How to join Game Changer
If you like the sound of all this, the first thing to do is to get in touch with the team at Game Changer on 01579 646005 or 08458 621288, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Once you're part of the scheme you'll be able to chat to your Navigator about joining us for a taster session at the Eden Project.