Teacher training and school development
Eden offers a range of inspirational training opportunities to enable teachers to become outstanding practitioners of outdoor learning.
Our teacher training is:
- Empowering. You will leave with pockets filled with imaginative, curriculum-linked, ‘ready to go’ ideas to use in your school grounds.
- Practical and fun. Time spent outside exploring new approaches and creative ideas is balanced with a strong theoretical foundation based on sound research.
- Realistic. We are experienced educators who have worked with many schools; we understand the pressures of teaching. We can help you to meet your targets and get things like health and safety right.
Why is outdoor learning so important?
- Happy, healthy and successful young people need to be outside. Research shows that access to outdoor learning and play has a positive impact on children’s health, learning and behaviour – improving focus and concentration, while enhancing cognitive skills, social skills, self-esteem, physical fitness and creativilty.
- Despite these benefits, today’s children spend, on average, just 9% of their time outside – a lot less than previous generations.
- The school playground represents a large proportion of this time. To reap the benefits for all our children, it’s essential that outdoor learning and play is embedded into daily school life.
Learning outside the classroom pays off. Join us. You can come to us, or we’ll come to you...