Growing Global Learning through plants, food and gardening
A one-day CPD course on 14 October 2014 to help teachers use the lens of plants, food and school gardening to familiarise their pupils with key global learning concepts.
This course is designed for KS2 and KS3 teachers who want to develop strategies to familiarise their pupils with key global learning concepts such as interdependence, development, globalisation and sustainability.
This action-packed day will explore:
- The use of familiar starting points (our food) to explore our global links and interdependence.
- Developing pupils’ practical skills and collaboration in the authentic context of the school garden.
- Practical ideas for designing, building and maintaining a 'global garden'
- Using produce from the school gardening as a starting point for global learning
- Developing empathy with farmers and growers around the world
A hugely enjoyable experience – just the right balance of discussion and activities. Great linkage between what’s possible at Eden and what’s possible at ‘home’.Previous participant