Spiced pumpkin soup recipe
- Serves 4-6
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
What should you do with the leftovers once you carved your pumpkin? How about making spiced pumpkin soup?
- Approx. 900g of peeled, de-seeded pumpkin flesh
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 stick of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 litre stock (chicken or vegetable – from a cube is fine)
- 25g butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large pan, melt the butter and over a low/medium heat, fry the onions ‘til they’re golden.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and spices and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a food processor (watch out for hot splashes!).
- Season to taste, then serve with a sprinkling of herbs and/or a swirl of cream.
Photo: Luca Nebuloni