School Challenge: Enterprise Challenge
- 3-hour session at the Eden Project
- Suitable for years 6, 7, 8, 9
- £8.25 per pupil
A practical team challenge for schools which encourages pupils to be enterprising. It focuses on teamwork, sustainability and business.
School trips to Eden
Find out why students and teachers enjoy their educational trips to Eden so much!Play video
Students learn how Eden does business and then pitch their world-saving, money-making ideas.
What happens: Eden is a charity but it still has to think like a business. Following an initial team-building activity, students explore the site to investigate Eden’s triple bottom line approach. They form themselves into a new company, develop a product suitable for sale in the Eden shop and then pitch their plans to the rest of the group, who vote for the winners.
Skills and curriculum links
This Challenge enables pupils to:
- focus on successful teamwork and collaboration
- maintain motivation to see a task through to the end
- use creativity and imagination to solve challenges
- utilise their presentation skills to present to a large audience
- develop their understanding of sustainability in a practical context
- a facilitated 3-hour session with our Education Team
- full, free access to the Eden site for the day (during opening hours)
- all equipment needed to complete your challenge
- a personal welcome from the Education Team on arrival
- a base for your bags in our purpose-built education centre, The Core
- a space to eat your own lunch
- free entry for accompanying adult helpers, whose participation is essential to the success of the day (please note, our maximum adult/pupil ratios are as follows: KS2 and KS3, 1:10)
- a free preparatory visit to Eden for teachers wanting to plan their school trip, which should be booked in advance
Combine this with an overnight stay
Why not make a proper trip out of your school visit and combine a School Challenge like this with a School workshop and a stay at the onsite YHA Eden Project? Make your booking via YHA Eden Project.