School Challenge: Storm Patrol, E-Den Challenge
- 3-hour session at the Eden Project
- Suitable for years 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- £8.25 per pupil
A hands-on team challenge for schools which gets pupils building dens together. It focuses on team work, communication and practical skills.
School trips to Eden
Find out why students and teachers enjoy their educational trips to Eden so much!Play video
Who doesn’t like making a den? This activity adds an Eden twist to an ancient art.
What happens: Following some team warm-ups to encourage communication skills, pupils then investigate features of shelters from around the world, both in the classroom and by following a map trail around Eden. Back at base teams must barter and trade to acquire the materials they need to build their den. Their structures must comply with a number of criteria to have the best chance of becoming the winning E-den and of surviving the final ‘trial by storm’.
Skills and curriculum links
This Challenge enables pupils to:
- communicate effectively to achieve a goal
- maintain motivation to see a task through to the end
- use creativity and imagination to solve challenges
- evaluate and build successful structures
- a facilitated 3-hour session with our Education Team
- full, free access to the Eden site for the day (during opening hours)
- all equipment needed to complete your challenge
- a personal welcome from the Education Team on arrival
- a base for your bags in our purpose-built education centre, The Core
- a space to eat your own lunch
- free entry for accompanying adult helpers, whose participation is essential to the success of the day (please note, our maximum adult/pupil ratios are as follows: KS2 and KS3, 1:10)
- a free preparatory visit to Eden for teachers wanting to plan their school trip, which should be booked in advance
Combine this with an overnight stay
Why not make a proper trip out of your school visit and combine a School Challenge like this with a School workshop and a stay at the onsite YHA Eden Project? Make your booking via YHA Eden Project.