The primary classroom outside
- Ideal for INSET or CPD
- Suitable for primary schools
- Focus on outdoor learning
- Takes place in your school
A flexible teacher training course designed to help teachers make best use of the outdoor classroom – delivered by us at your school.
Led by experienced members of Eden’s education team, and tailored specifically to your needs, we aim for a thought provoking and inspiring session that will demonstrate how your school grounds are brimming with potential for outdoor learning.
Our methods are playful, linking closely to the curriculum to achieve an enquiry-based and challenge-led approach to the core subjects. We balance time spent outdoors sharing practical ideas with a strong theoretical foundation based upon current research.
Our aim is to leave you with pockets full of ideas and ‘ready to go’ activities, and with new confidence for planning your own curriculum linked sessions and events.
I had a lovely day, which has massively inspired me to incorporate outdoor learning in the whole curriculum.
Teacher, Parc Eglos
This one-day course will help you:
- Understand the power and benefits of outdoor learning and play.
- Explore the potential of your school grounds.
- Experience a variety of practical, creative and playful ideas – building a bank of ideas and activities for you to use straight away.
- Build tools and confidence to develop your own outdoor sessions.
- Consider the balance of risk and opportunities – and look at ways of managing risk in the outdoor classroom.
We can also…
- Offer this workshop as a series of three twilights – each focusing on one of the core subjects
- Provide ongoing support through written materials, planning sessions, staff meetings or future events.
Costs are from £575 + VAT for a full day’s training for up to 20 people; £275 + VAT for a twilight session. To book or find out more please contact us on email@example.com or 01726 811913.