School Workshop: Rural Rebranding
- 1-hour workshop
- Suitable for years 12 and 13
- Focus on geography
- £10.90 per pupil
A workshop for Geography students which explores the Eden Project as a working example of managing rural change.
School trips to Eden
Find out why students and teachers enjoy their educational trips to Eden so much!Play video
The Eden Project is a unique organisation; social enterprise, educational charity, tourism destination, exemplar of regeneration. This session sets Eden in the Cornish context and provides practical examples and real world contexts to ground your students’ learning.
What happens: This classroom-based session links strongly with the Geography A level syllabus. We encourage the students to ask questions and build a running dialogue with us throughout the interative session. After this there is an optional activity linked to the content that the students can complete across our site.
Location: This takes place in a workshop room inside our purpose built education centre, with an optional follow-up activity across the Eden site.
Skills and curriculum links
This workshop enables students to:
- use Eden Project as a working example of Rural Rebranding and part of Cornwall’s regeneration
- discuss the Rebranding Players and the Multiplier Effect set in the context of our local economy
- explore how Eden is run as a sustainable business and a Social Enterprise
- study the importance of our brand and marketing
We've designed the workshop to complement the following Geography syllabuses:
- Edexcel GCE Geography Unit 2 option 4 Rebranding places
- OCR GCE Geography 3.2 Unit F762 Managing change in Human Environments, managing rural change, the growth of tourism
The workshop costs £10.90 per pupil, with a minimum charge of £116 per group (includes VAT). Group size is flexible. The cost includes:
- a facilitated 1-hour session with our Education Team plus reference material to take away
- task linked to the taught session to stimulate students’ thinking when they’re out and about on site (optional)
- free access to the whole Eden site for the day
- if required, a base for your bags in our purpose-built education centre, The Core
- free entry for accompanying adults (1 free adult to every 10 students)
- a free preparatory visit to Eden for teachers wanting to plan their school trip, which should be booked in advance