Mediterranean Biome Stage
This indoor stage in the beautiful surroundings of Eden’s Mediterranean Biome gives an organic twist to the Eden Sessions. In the past, the stage has seen performances by a range of world-class musicians, comedians, and spoken word poets - see previous line-ups below.
30 June (Sigur Ros Session)
23 June (Tim Minchin Session)
An afternoon hosted by Strummerville, a charity set up in memory of Joe Strummer of The Clash that helps projects that change the world through music.
- 3pm: Jamie Crowe – singer-songwriter, and compere for the afternoon.
- 3.30pm: She Makes War – multi-instrumentalist, visual artist and digital polymath.
- 4.20pm: Tom James – Cornish singer/songwriter pushing the mould with his unique style.
- 5.10pm: Gaz Brookfield – winner of Acoustics magazine Beautiful Days Singer/Songwriter award.
- 6.10pm: Beans on Toast – expect to laugh, cry and take a long hard look at the world we live in.
30 June (Example Session)
- 2pm: Marconi Union – described by the Guardian as 'minimal, introspective, ethereal electronica. Gorgeous'.
- 3pm: Henry of Zero 7 (DJ set).
- 5pm: DJ Tenoshi – spinning eclectic tunes, including ska, dub, dancehall, soul, northern, hip hop, breaks, two step, dubstep, swing, rhythm n blues, drum n bass.
1 July (Folk Session)
- 2pm: Jim Carey/Braga Tanga – an exotic and vibrant mix of world folk music.
- 2.30pm: Dodgy – an acoustic set by Britpop stalwarts (pictured right) of ‘Staying Out for the Summer’ fame.
Busk Stop: throughout the afternoon, there’ll be some surprise guests busking in the Street outside the entrance to Eden’s Visitor Centre.
4 July (Chase & Status Session)
6 July (Plan B Session)
11 July (Noah and the Whale Session)
Hosted by MAK, a charity set up to support and develop projects in Kosovo:
- 2pm: Jamie Crowe – singer-songwriter, and compere for the afternoon.
- 2.30pm: Stefan Melbourne – emotionally expressive singer/songwriter.
- 3.15pm: Gideon Conn – instantly captivating and lyrically brilliant.
- 4pm: Silverclub – a truly unique animal, with a soaring reputation.
- 5pm: Karima Francis – poignant and determined singer/songwriter.
- 6pm: The Travelling Band – a shimmering blend of cosmic-country-pop.
Previous Biotik Stage line-ups
- Storyteller Ian Stephen
- Broadcaster and naturalist Bridget Nicholls
- Comic musician Lorraine Bowen
- Comedian Robin Ince
- Comedian John-Luke Roberts
- Folk phenomenon, Seth Lakeman
- Singer-songwriter Jamie Crowe
- The Dubstep Drummer
- Musician and visual artist Bunty
- Future Features debate, chaired by Mark Donne, London-based journalist, writer, film-maker, political campaigner
- BBC Radio 4 Poetry Slam Champion Dizraeli
- Sheffield University Architects and artist Nick Edwards in conversation
- Musician Josephine
- Musician Jo Rose
- Musician Liam Frost
- The Travelling Band
- Badly Drawn Boy
- Abee Hague and Jethro Lynch
- Storyteller Martin Shaw
- Composer Tim Sutton
- Poet Lemn Sissay
- Musician Robyn Hitchcock
- Folk legend Martin Carthy
- Scritti Politti's Green Gartside
- Mike Heron of The Incredible String Band
- Mercury Prize nominee Kathryn Williams.
- Marcus Brigstocke: Funny Man and Climate Warrior (Comedian)
- Liam Frost: Climate Strongman with Northern Soul (Musician)
- Shlomo: the Incredible Human Beatboxer
- Zero 7 DJ set
- Liam Frost and Full Band
- Bellatrix and the Boxettes
- Dizraeli and the Small Gods
- Rodney Branigan
- Backbeat Soundsystem