This coconut candle is made out of non-toxic soy wax inside a half coconut shell. Light enough to float on water.
• Made out of sustainable coconut husk – a by-product
• Filled with non-toxic soy wax, which is slow to burn so more economical
• Will float on water so can make a beautiful centrepiece or relaxing bath • Comes with stand, so will sit happily on a flat surface
• 100% compostable
• Comes in plant-based packaging
Why use soy wax in a candle?
Most candles are filled with petroleum paraffin, which aside from being a carcinogenic; it’s also far from sustainable.
This coconut has been filled with soy wax, which comes from a sustainable source. It’s a natural ingredient, and is non-toxic, making it a safer choice for allergy sufferers, animals or children. Soy wax burns nearly twice as long as conventional wax too, so it’s far more economical than traditional candles.
Why coconuts are sustainable
Coconuts aren’t just a delicious fruit, the strong husk has thousands of uses around the world. This is the part that often goes to waste, so coconut farmers are delighted to have such versatile uses for this by-product. This, in turn, feeds the local economy in the developing areas where coconut plantations are found.
Coconut shells are strong and relatively waterproof.
How to make a floating candle centrepiece
This is a fantastic cheap decoration for weddings, parties or events.
1. Take a glass bowl
2. Fill it with little coloured glass stones, shells or pebbles
3. Place the centrepiece on the table and fill it carefully with water
4. Gently place the floating coconut candles on the water
5. Add a few flowers on the water, and maybe a few around the base of the centrepiece
And there you have a lovely home-made dinner table centrepiece.
This coconut candle comes in two sizes - small and medium.
Please note fragrances may vary