Who makes our coffee?
We chose to stock this coffee because it’s the nicest tasting, most ethical coffee we came across. The founders, Dr Urrutia and his family, focus on producing speciality coffees like this one, and they’ve been growing coffee on their land since 1908.
They also share our beliefs in working closely with the community. Dr Urruita and his family wanted to help the communities in the rural area they live, so they set up a not for profit organisation called Monte Sion Neuevo Amanecer to serve the community of 400 people.
Aside from giving 10% of profit to their community fund, they also dedicate plenty of time to looking after local people. For example, they also:
- Give vitamin and protein supplements to workers and their families.
- Distribute healthy food out to those who need it most
- People are given free medical attention when they need it
- Workers are given houses built with bricks instead of mud with far superior facilities such as running water, solar panels for electricity and a stove for cooking food.
- Every family is provided with clothing, footwear and essentials for cold weather
- Education programmes are available for all, such as literacy programmes
- Spiritual lectures are available
Our quality promise on plants
We’re really fussy about providing you with the best quality plants. Ours are grown for us in Cornwall by a couple of nurseries that we have a good relationship with so we know they’re all grown with care and attention. To find out more about our quality promise, have a look here: http://www.edenproject.com/shop/go/CustomerServices.aspx?id=104