iPhone app: Insider Guide to Eden
Get the most from your visit to Eden with our new Insider Guide iPhone app. Use it to find cool stuff at Eden, see what’s on here and get special offers that you can use during and after your visit.
This unique guide to Eden is always up to date, fits in your pocket and lasts a lifetime. It’s packed with expert information about the plants, art and daily highlights at Eden, and includes a customisable map and events calendar, so you won’t miss a thing.
You'll also have loads of fun with the iPhone app at home, with videos, stories, the plant A-Z, and a send-a-postcard feature.
Key features on the iPhone app
- Special offers: enjoy daily deals, such as money off in the shop and food offers in the restaurants.
- Nature trails: kids will love exploring Eden with these trails based around different themes, such as smells, survival and rainforests.
- Send a postcard: share your visit by sending a printed postcard to friends and family anywhere in the world. Create your postcard using the Eden Project gallery or images from your phone – you can even do this after you've left Eden!
- Stories: hear new stories read by our amazing storytellers, or listen again to the wonderful stories told at Eden during a visit.
- GPS-enabled map: signpost the things you’re interested in with the zoomable map, such as plants, kids’ stuff, sculptures, restaurants and quiet spots. It also locates where you are so you’ll never get lost!
- Plant information: learn about the plants growing at Eden, with detailed descriptions including what they're used for and where they're from.
- Events calendar and opening times: plan your visit with this handy calendar, which is updated daily.
- Eden A-Z: find essential information quickly, like where the loos are!
- QR reader: use this reader to link to more information via QR tags that can be found on signs, exhibits and plants at Eden.
- Save your favourites: make a note of the things you loved, so you can read about them, watch, grow or buy them when you get home.
Compatibility and connectivity
Compatible with iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 and iPad running iOS 4.3 or later. The app has not been specifically designed or optimised for iPad but can be viewed at full screen using the Zoom button.
Some features including ‘send a postcard’ and videos require users to be connected to a wireless network for full functionality. This is widely available at the Eden Project free of charge.
Download instructions for when you’re at Eden
- Select Settings
- Select WiFi, and ensure that the WiFi slider is turned on
- Tap the network called Eden free WiFi
- Close Settings
- Enter the App Store, tap Search and type Eden Project
- Select 'Eden Project Insider Guide'
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Special offers covered cost of the app. Felt very smug! Plant information high quality too.Emily Miller
Superb, useful and very good value! Very useful, informative and beautifully crafted. Highly recommended.Andrew Challis
Great app. Kids loved nature trails. Definitely helped us learn more about plants when we got home.GrandJoh
Very informative app! I used it before and during the visit on my iPad and still love to use it now.Norazman Saad