Kids and family activities at Eden
Get ready for a day out of family fun at the Eden Project! There are loads of indoor and outdoor activities for children of all ages, and they’ll learn cool things about plants too.
Top 10 things to do with kids
- Explore the largest indoor rainforest in the world.
- Enjoy the imaginative children's play areas.
- Follow exciting trails around the site, with shortcuts, hideaways, stepping stones and sandpits.
- Get involved in special events for kids, including den building in the summer, ice skating in the winter, and rock climbing at certain times during the year.
- Marvel at our massive futuristic Biomes and sculptures, such as the Giant Bee and the WEEE Man.
- Listen to fascinating stories about weird and wonderful plants told by our staff.
- Interact with our exhibits, such as the Seed, Plant Engine and Nutcracker.
- Learn about the amazing things plants do for us with free worksheets.
- Feast on the delicious children’s food in our cafes.
- Get some great toys, games, gadgets and books in our shop.
Tips for parents
Preparing for your visit
- Clothing and footwear: it’s a good idea for kids (especially babies) to wear layers of clothing so that they can be easily adjusted to suit the temperature. It might be much warmer in the Rainforest Biome than it is outside! You and your kids should also bring waterproofs and wear comfortable shoes.
- Sunburn: bring sun cream for children as there is a risk of sunburn, even inside the Rainforest and Mediterranean Biomes.
- Water: although there is a water fountain in the Rainforest Biome, you could also bring your own water because walking in the humid jungle can be thirsty work.
When you're on site
- Transport around the site:
- If you don’t want to walk, free land trains will take you from the entrance to the site down the steep slopes to the Biomes, and take tired legs back up the slopes at the end of the day.
- The whole site is buggy-friendly.
- Food and drink: We try to cater for special dietary requirements, including vegetarians, vegans and those with a wheat intolerance. All outlets have high chairs and microwaves. If you need to warm a bottle for your baby just ask a member of the team.
- Toilets: we’ve got 245 toilets on site! Not only do they flush with harvested rainwater, they have won several national Loo of the Year Awards. Baby changing facilities: all toilet buildings have unisex baby changing facilities.
- First aid: we have a team of first aiders and paramedics. If you need any medical assistance, please find a member of Eden staff and they will be happy to help.
- Shops: our shops feature an excellent range of sustainable toys, games, gadgets, gizmos and educational stuff for kids.
Events for kids
For full details of special events for kids taking place at Eden, choose the “Family” category on the Events Calendar.
Questions about family visits
If you have any questions before you bring your family to Eden, check our FAQs or call us on 01726 811911.