Christmas in Cornwall: celebrate at our winter festival
If you're fed up of hibernating at home, celebrate with us at our winter festival. Meet Father Christmas and his real reindeer, go ice skating, explore our Enchanted Rainforest at twilight, listen to choirs and live storytelling, and pick up some great gifts in our shop.
Whether you're local or coming on holiday to spend Christmas in Cornwall, come to Eden to add sparkle to your winter. On many days during November and December 2014 we'll be open later into the evening, and you'll be able to enjoy a range of festive treats, from our new Enchanted Rainforest experience to ice skating.
Dates, times and price
- Dates and times: Selected dates from Saturday 29 November 2014 to Sunday 4 January 2015. Not all activities will be available every day: see full timetable below.
- Price: included in normal Eden admission price (except the Father Christmas experience and ice skating, which are priced separately)
Winter festival activities
- Visit Father Christmas and real reindeer: We welcome the man in red himself and his furry friends on selected days from 29 November to 24 December. This year he'll be telling a brand-new spellbinding story in an enchanting show that will delight children and big kids alike. Find out more and book online.
- NEW FOR 2014: Walk Through the Enchanted Rainforest: A Theatre of Christmas Memories: a unique combination of live performance, installations, soundscapes and beautiful lighting brought to you by our talented friends at WildWorks theatre company. Find out more about this experience.
- Please note that on the days the Enchanted Rainforest is open (see below) the Rainforest Biome will temporarily close at 3-4pm, with last entry at 2.30pm, to allow time to prepare for the event.
- Ice skating: our magical ice rink is back. Find out about the sessions we offer and when the rink is open.
- Storytelling: wonderful festive stories from our fabulous storytellers - see below for times.
- Christmas craft workshops: inside our Mediterranean Biome you can make elf hats (plus ears), clothes peg reindeer heads (great for holding photos) and candy cane mice. And, for older children and adults there is an opportunity to custom-make beautiful gift tags. See below for times.
- Cornish choirs: listen to traditional Christmas carols sung in our Mediterranean Biome by choirs from across Cornwall at 1pm on the following days:
- 29 Nov, Rock Choir; 30 Nov, The Perraners; 6 Dec, Java 5; 7 Dec, Looe Valley Singers; 13 Dec, Liskeard Ladies; 14 Dec, The Suitcase Singers plus friends; 20 Dec, Truro Choral Society; 22 Dec, Brixham Harmony Singers; 23 Dec, inTune Choir; 27 Dec, Carclaze Community Choir; 28 Dec, TBC; 29 Dec, TBC; 30 Dec, Canticorum Choir.
- Delicious food and drink: check out our menu of tasty winter warmers.
For full details of Father Christmas sessions, visit this page.
|Date||Father Christmas (first and last session start times)||Enchanted Rainforest||Craft workshops||Storytelling|
|Tues 16 Dec||12.30pm/6.30pm||4-7pm||12-6.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 5pm|
|Wed 17 Dec||12.30pm/6.30pm||4-7pm||12-6.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 5pm|
|Thurs 18 Dec||12.30pm/6.30pm||4-7pm||12-6.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 5pm|
|Fri 19 Dec||12.30pm/7.30pm||4-8pm||12-7.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 6pm|
|Sat 20 Dec||10.30pm/7.30pm||4-8pm||12-7.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 6pm|
|Sun 21 Dec||10.30pm/7.30pm||4-8pm||12-7.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 6pm|
|Mon 22 Dec||10.30pm/7.30pm||4-8pm||12-7.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 6pm|
|Tues 23 Dec||10.30pm/7.30pm||4-8pm||12-7.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 6pm|
|Wed 24 Dec||10.30pm/3.30pm||12-3.30pm||12 & 2pm|
|Fri 26 Dec||12-5.30pm||12, 2 & 3pm|
|Sat 27 Dec||4-6pm||12-5.30pm||12, 2 & 3pm|
|Sun 28 Dec||4-6pm||12-5.30pm||12, 2 & 3pm|
|Mon 29 Dec||4-6pm||12-5.30pm||12, 2 & 3pm|
|Tues 30 Dec||4-6pm||12-5.30pm||12, 2 & 3pm|
|Wed 31 Dec||12-3.30pm||12 & 2pm|
|Thurs 1 Jan||12-5.30pm||12 & 2pm|
|Fri 2 Jan||12-5.30pm||12 & 2pm|
|Sat 3 Jan||12-5.30pm||12 & 2pm|
|Sun 4 Jan||12-5.30pm||12 & 2pm|