Christmas in Cornwall: celebrate at our winter festival
If you're fed up of hibernating at home, celebrate with us at our winter festival. Go ice skating, explore our Enchanted Rainforest at twilight, listen to choirs and watch live storytelling.
Whether you're local or coming on holiday to spend Christmas in Cornwall, come to Eden to add sparkle to your winter. On many days during November and December 2014 we'll be open later into the evening, and you'll be able to enjoy a range of festive treats, from our new Enchanted Rainforest experience to ice skating.
Dates, times and price
- Dates and times: Selected dates from Saturday 29 November 2014 to Sunday 4 January 2015. Not all activities will be available every day: see full timetable below.
- Price: included in normal Eden admission price (except ice skating, which is priced separately)
Winter festival activities
- Father Christmas has now left Eden for the year.
- NEW FOR 2014: Walk Through the Enchanted Rainforest: A Theatre of Christmas Memories: a unique combination of live performance, installations, soundscapes and beautiful lighting brought to you by our talented friends at WildWorks theatre company. Find out more about this experience.
- Please note that on the days the Enchanted Rainforest is open (see below) the Rainforest Biome will temporarily close at 3-4pm, with last entry at 2.30pm, to allow time to prepare for the event.
- Ice skating: our magical ice rink is back. Find out about the sessions we offer and when the rink is open.
- Storytelling: wonderful stories told by our storytellers in costume against a beautiful backdrop, in the Mediterranean Biome - see below for times.
- Christmas craft workshops: inside our Mediterranean Biome you can make elf hats (plus ears), clothes peg reindeer heads (great for holding photos) and candy cane mice. And, for older children and adults there is an opportunity to custom-make beautiful gift tags. See below for times.
- Cornish choirs: listen to traditional Christmas carols sung in our Mediterranean Biome by choirs from across Cornwall at 1pm on the following days:
- 27 Dec, Carclaze Community Choir; 28 Dec, TBC; 29 Dec, TBC; 30 Dec, Canticorum Choir.
- Delicious food and drink: check out our menu of tasty winter warmers.
|Date||Father Christmas (first and last session start times)||Enchanted Rainforest||Craft workshops||Storytelling|
|Fri 19 Dec||12.30pm/7.30pm||4-8pm||12-7.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 6pm|
|Sat 20 Dec||10.30pm/7.30pm||4-8pm||12-7.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 6pm|
|Sun 21 Dec||10.30pm/7.30pm||4-8pm||12-7.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 6pm|
|Mon 22 Dec||10.30pm/7.30pm||4-8pm||12-7.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 6pm|
|Tues 23 Dec||10.30pm/7.30pm||4-8pm||12-7.30pm||12, 2, 3 & 6pm|
|Wed 24 Dec||10.30pm/3.30pm||12-3.30pm||12 & 2pm|
|Fri 26 Dec||12-5.30pm||12, 2 & 3pm|
|Sat 27 Dec||4-6pm||12-5.30pm||12, 2 & 3pm|
|Sun 28 Dec||4-6pm||12-5.30pm||12, 2 & 3pm|
|Mon 29 Dec||4-6pm||12-5.30pm||12, 2 & 3pm|
|Tues 30 Dec||4-6pm||12-5.30pm||12, 2 & 3pm|
|Wed 31 Dec||12-3.30pm||12 & 2pm|
|Thurs 1 Jan||12-5.30pm||12 & 2pm|
|Fri 2 Jan||12-5.30pm||12 & 2pm|
|Sat 3 Jan||12-5.30pm||12 & 2pm|
|Sun 4 Jan||12-5.30pm||12 & 2pm|