Family fun for summer 2013, whatever the weather
These activities have now ended for 2013.
Visiting Eden this summer
- Price: the activities on this page are included in the normal admission price to Eden. You can get 15% off if you book your tickets in advance online.
- Dates: all the activities on this page will be available during the school summer holidays (20 July - 1 September 2013); some will be available earlier (see below).
- Opening hours: the activities will be available during normal Eden opening hours: 9.30am - 6pm.
- Late opening evenings: on the following Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays we'll be open til 8pm. Come in after 3.30pm (and before 6.30pm) on these days and you'll get reduced ticket prices!
- 23-25 and 29-31 July 2013
- 1, 5-8, 12-15, 19-22 and 26-29 August 2013
Activities and things to see
Rainforest Aerial Walkway: new for 2013! Take a treetop walk and immerse yourself in our wonderful rainforest on our new walkway. Enjoy spectacular views across our Biome and discover fascinating exhibits about these precious regions of our planet.
Butterflies in the Rainforest Biome: new for 2013! Spot the beautiful butterflies fluttering around our rainforest. Marvel at the colourful tropical species, such as the iconic blue morpho, see them hatch and learn why they're so important to the pollination of plants.
Den building: from 20 July. Our den building activity encourages families to play together outside and always proves to be just as much of a hit with mums and dads as it is with kids! Collect your tarpaulins, clips, poles and whatever else you need from our dens team and let your imagination run riot! New for 2013: help our expert den building team complete daily challenges, such as building giant insects!
Summer evenings: we’re open later (until 8pm) on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, with all our daytime activities together with the gourmet burger grill and live music courtesy of the likes of Cy and Jack, Andy Quick, Soma and Ben Sutcliffe! Plus, you can book a table to dine alfresco-style in the Med - with full table service. You'll even get reduced admission prices if you get here after 3.30pm!
Butterfly swarm workshop: take part in this enormous collaborative work of art. Make and decorate a butterfly and then add it to the tens of thousands of others swarming above the heads of people building dens in our Stage area.
Be the Bee interactive trail: from 17 July, become a bee by making your own deely boppers, bug eyes or sting, and then tour Eden to 'pollinate' our flowers. Younger children will love playing this game and also learn all about the importance of bees to pollination. When you finished the trail you can learn the waggledance (how bees tell each other where flowers are) from our Narrators at 11am, 1pm and 3pm in the Citrus Grove, Mediterranean Biome.
Pollination exhibit: our brand new exhibition in the Core looks at the weird and wonderful ways that plants reproduce and the importance of our pollinator friends. Around a third of the food eaten throughout the world comes from plants pollinated by these creatures!
Fly on England's longest and fastest zip wire: you can now fly in the new 'superman' position on our SkyWire (extra charge applies). Find out how to book your flight.
Delicious food and drink for the whole family: you can enjoy all the tasty treats from our main food outlets or sample our new gourmet burger grill while your family builds dens in our Arena. Here's the sort of thing we have on the menu:
- The ultimate burger: a prime Cornish beef burger in an Eden-baked bun with Cornish gouda, beef tomatoes, red onions, rocket and sweet pickles
- Children’s Amazonia burger: a prime 3oz Cornish beef burger with fresh pineapple and cheddar in an Eden-baked bun
- Turkistan chickpea burger: served in an Eden-baked bun with a beetroot and horseradish tziki and Cornish mizuna.
Or why not dine alfresco-style in the Med Biome amidst the olive trees? We're offering full table service on selected evenings in August and September. Book a table
52 reasons to visit Eden
Here's a reason for every week of the year. Find your favourites!http://www.youtube.com/watch
Fly on England's longest zip wire
See what it's like to soar above Eden's Biomes on our SkyWire at 60mph!http://youtu.be/BZF3THqL14s