Freaky Nature with Bugs: half-term
This event has now finished for 2013.
- When: Saturday 25 May – Sunday 2 June 2013 (during school half-term holiday)
Late night opening: we're open til 8pm on Tues 28, Weds 29 and Thurs 30 May. Come in after 3.30pm, and you'll enjoy reduced entry prices.
- Price: Included in the cost of admission to Eden (except Sundew Velcro Wall, cost: £2.50 per person)
Save up to 15% off tickets if you book them online.
Freaky Nature promises something for everyone, whatever your age. Here's a taste of what will be on offer over the half-term.
- Bug Buffet: Do you dare to sample some of the delicious bugs we’re serving up?
- Sundew Velcro Wall: Put on a Velcro suit and learn how stickiness can help plants trap insects! Additional charge of £2.50 applies (buy tickets from Freaky Nature shop on the Stage).
- Freaky Golf: Our own freaky take on crazy golf! Watch the video on the right to get a taste of the action.
- Bug Trail: Follow the trail around Eden to find out more about bugs, then take part in a workshop to create your own ‘designer’ bug.
- Become a Bug: Get involved in our craft workshops to make head-dresses, bug eyes and deely-boppers.
- Bug it Up: Put creepy crawlies under the lens with our mega-microscopes.
- Bug Painting Workshops: One for older children and adults – paint a metal bug with enamel paints to add to our new rainforest walkway.
- Bug Photography Exhibition: Browse the freaky photos of our insect friends.
- Bug Boutique: Bug dressing up box for little ones aged 5 and under. Choose from a range of beautiful costumes.
- Freaky Diner: Enjoy our new range of gourmet burgers in our diner
- Storytelling: A family favourite. Listen to a great story in the lovely surroundings of our Citrus Grove in the Mediterranean Biome at 12pm and 2pm.