Halloweden: October half-term, Cornwall
Celebrate Halloween in Cornwall this October half-term: get involved in magical craft activities and dare to be scared. The event also features a ‘Room on the Broom’ theme inspired by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler's classic book.
Dates and price
- Saturday 25 October – Sunday 2 November 2014 (during the half-term school holiday)
- Price: entry to Halloweden is included in the cost of admission to Eden (except Little Monsters' Ball)
Halloween activities and events
Here's a taste of what happened last year. We'll be adding more details about 2014 to this page soon.
We’re welcoming Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s ‘Room on the Broom’, which is sure to be a hit with younger family members. Take part in our workshops and activities, which include:
- Room on the Broom trail: follow the trail around Eden and collect the things the Witch needs to cast her spell.
- Wand making workshop: make a super-sparkly wand just like the Witch's!
- Head-dress making workshop: choose which character from the book you'd like to be: the Witch, the Cat, the Dog, the Green Bird, the Frog or the Dragon.
- Mud monster making workshop: use modelling clay to make a monster fearsome enough to scare the Dragon!
- Room on the Broom film screenings: watch the gloriously animated version of the story, and see some behind-the-scenes extras, too.
We'll also be putting on all types of spooky fun for slightly older children in our Wishcraft Tent:
- Positive potion workshops: make a special potion to keep somewhere safe or give to someone you love.
- Protection charms: create something special to protect you on your journeys.
- Creepy Hollow: do you dare to stick your hand in?
- Storytelling: listen to some dark tales.
- Pumpkin carving demonstrations: watch our experts create magical designs.
- Face painting: add to your fancy dress with a fun face design. Price: £3 each.
- Creatures of the night: say hello to some amazing nocturnal creatures.
Little Monsters' Ball Halloween disco
- Friday 31 October 2014, 6-9pm
- Price: £7 per person (tickets do not include ice skating) - book tickets online
Get your fancy dress on and join us for a spooky evening of fang-tastic fun for all the family. There’ll be plenty of creepy activities, tasty treats in our cafes and a good boneshaking disco in our Olive Grooveyard. The ice rink will be open and is sure to chill you to the bone!
Get your skates on for another winter of icy fun at Eden! Our ice rink opens on 18 October 2014, in time for the Halloweden celebrations and the Little Monsters' Ball disco. Find out more about ice skating.