Halloweden: October half-term, Cornwall
This event has now finished.
Celebrate Halloween in Cornwall this October half-term: get involved in magical craft activities and dare to be scared. This year, we’re welcoming Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s ‘Room on the Broom’.
Dates and price
- Saturday 26 October – Sunday 3 November 2013 (during the half-term school holiday)
- Price: entry to Halloweden is included in the cost of admission to Eden (except Little Monsters' Ball and Scream event)
Halloween activities and events
This year, we’re welcoming Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s ‘Room on the Broom’, which is sure to be a hit with younger family members. Take part in our workshops and activities, which include:
- Room on the Broom trail: follow the trail around Eden and collect the things the Witch needs to cast her spell.
- Wand making workshop: make a super-sparkly wand just like the Witch's!
- Head-dress making workshop: choose which character from the book you'd like to be: the Witch, the Cat, the Dog, the Green Bird, the Frog or the Dragon.
- Mud monster making workshop: use modelling clay to make a monster fearsome enough to scare the Dragon!
- Room on the Broom film screenings: watch the gloriously animated version of the story, and see some behind-the-scenes extras, too.
We'll also be putting on all types of spooky fun for slightly older children in our Wishcraft Tent:
- Positive potion workshops: make a special potion to keep somewhere safe or give to someone you love.
- Protection charms: create something special to protect you on your journeys.
- Creepy Hollow: do you dare to stick your hand in?
- Storytelling: listen to some dark tales.
- Pumpkin carving demonstrations: watch our experts create magical designs.
- Face painting: add to your fancy dress with a fun face design. Price: £3 each.
- Creatures of the night: say hello to some amazing nocturnal creatures.
Little Monsters' Ball Halloween disco
- Tuesday 29 and Wednesday 30 October 2013, 6-9pm
- Price: £7 per person (tickets do not include ice skating)
Get your fancy dress on and join us for a spooky evening of fang-tastic fun for all the family. There’ll be plenty of creepy activities, tasty treats in our cafes and a good boneshaking disco in our Olive Grooveyard. The ice rink will be open and is sure to chill you to the bone!
- Thursday 31 October and Friday 1 November 2013
- Half-hour time slots on the hour and half hour, first one at 6.30pm, last one at 11pm.
- Price: £10 per person (you must have a ticket to enter the site, including accompanying adults. Your ticket gets you entry to site from 5pm before this time normal daytime entry prices apply)
Dare you venture into our haunted Biome? Awake the spirits of the rainforest as you explore the tropics in complete darkness. This truly terrifying trip for thrill-seeking fans of fear is not suitable for the under 12s or the faint hearted! Don't forget that our ice rink will be open on our Scream fright nights, too.
Get your skates on for another winter of icy fun at Eden! Our ice rink opens on 19 October 2013, in time for the Halloweden celebrations, the Little Monsters' Ball discos and the Scream fright nights. Find out more about ice skating.
Day of the Dead face painting
Pick some pro face painting tips in our spooky video.http://www.youtube.com/watch
Half-term fun with Room on the Broom
Watch this to find out about the activities you can get involved in at Eden!http://www.youtube.com/watch