Enter your Cornish pasty in our World Pasty Championships
The 2015 World Pasty Championships will take place at Eden on Saturday 28 February 2015. Online registration is now open. The legendary Fisherman's Friends and Cornish rap duo Hedluv and Passman will be providing entertainment on the day!
- Date: Saturday 28 February 2015, the Saturday before the national day of Cornwall, St Piran’s Day
- Price to enter a pasty in the competition: £10 per category, or £5 for the junior categories (includes entry to Eden for competitor plus one guest)
- The general public can visit the Championships and take part in the activities as part of the normal Eden admission price.
As the Eden Project is based in Cornwall, our World Pasty Championships will celebrate the traditional Cornish pasty recipe, as well as some more unusual varieties. From the Americas to Australia, pasties derived from recipes passed down by Cornish emigrants over centuries are eaten and enjoyed by many millions of people. We invite entries from around the world to our Championships.
There are eight categories in all, with the opportunity to enter a traditional Cornish pasty or an alternative savoury pasty:
- Cornish Pasty – Company
- Cornish Pasty – Professional
- Cornish Pasty – Amateur
- Cornish Pasty Junior (15 and under)
- Open Savoury – Company
- Open Savoury - Professional
- Open Savoury – Amateur
- Open Savoury - Junior (15 and under)
How to enter
Entertainment all day
Celebrate a few days ahead of St Piran's Day (Cornwall's national day) with our great line-up of live music and other pasty-themed fun! Later in the afternoon, come to the Oggy Oscars Ceremony where the champions will be announced.
Read what happened on the day:
The championships at Eden will be a great celebration of the pasty and a chance for bakers in Cornwall and beyond to show off their talents.Mark Muncey, chairman of the Cornish Pasty Association