Eden Marathon and Half Marathon 2014
The next Eden Marathon and Half Marathon will take place on Sunday 19 October 2014 - book your place online here.
2014 Marathon and Half Marathon
- Date: Sunday 19 October 2014
- Marathon start: 9.30am
- Half Marathon start: 10am
Race entry fees
- Marathon: £28 Affiliated Runners/£30 Unaffiliated Runners
- Half Marathon: £23 Affiliated Runners/£25 Unaffiliated Runners
Race entry fees include free entry to Eden for all runners and free entry to accompanying family members and supporters on race day. All finishers also get a pasty and a pint.
Featuring multi-terrain courses around Eden, the races follow a challenging route through areas of spectacular mining heritage and beautiful countryside landscapes, and feature:
- water stations every 3 miles and SIS Isotonic drinks at Mile 7 and 21
- changing and supervised storage facilities
- physiotherapists in attendance for post-race massage
- chip timing
- cash prizes for race winners and prizes for category winners
- themed medal, t-shirt and pasty for all finishers
- runners' pasta party at Eden from 6pm on Saturday 18 October 2014.
- Marathon minimum age: 18 years old
- Half Marathon minimum age: 17 years old
Booking your place
Once you have booked your place we allow a 14 day cooling off period from the date of booking. During this time you are entitled to a full refund of your entry fee. After this period we are unable to offer any refunds, any transfer of places, any transfer of category or any deferrals to future events. See full terms and conditions here. For a refund please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pete Roper (pictured, right) 2:55:53
- Marc Smerdon 3:08:42
- Stuart Nicholas 3:13:46
- Isobel Wykes (pictured, right) 3:24:40
- Emma Murray 3:40:30
- Nichola Brierley 3:43:33
- Peter Le Grice 1:12:56
- Adam Miller 1:21:08
- Shaun Tozer 1:24:17
- Heather Fisher 1:29:30
- Kathryn Burgess, 1:33:42
- Joanna Herd 1:34:00
Analyse your race on Runpix
Visit the Runpix website for an eye-catching interactive analysis or in-depth graphical interpretation of your Half or Full Marathon achievement.
Talk to others on Facebook
We've set up an Eden Marathon Facebook where you can chat to other runners.
- Route map of the Marathon on the Good Run Guide website
- Route map of the Half Marathon on the Good Run Guide website
Why we set this Marathon up
We created the course through Eden and Cornwall's dramatic Clay Country not only to offer a unique sporting experience for runners nationwide, but to showcase this unique region and draw visitors to the area. The idea came from a conversation with the local St Austell Running Club, whose commitment, enthusiasm and passion have been invaluable in putting on the event.
The Marathon is one example of the many ways the Eden Project acts as a catalyst for economic growth in the local region, alongside providing much-needed jobs and supporting businesses as part of its local sourcing policy. The world-famous Biomes, nestled into a worked-out china clay pit, have transformed a landscape where nothing grew into something quite beautiful and fertile. Over 10 million people have passed through the Eden gates since opening in 2001. So if we could build this place, surely together we can all take on even bigger challenges.
A great race, tough course and superb fun. It was well organised and the atmosphere among the runners was fantastic.Runner's World reader