Harvest food festival in Cornwall
Our Harvest Festival, one of the most memorable food festivals in Cornwall, has now finished for 2013.
- Saturday 7 September – Sunday 13 October 2013
- There were activities on throughout the above period (see the bottom of this page), plus themed events on the following days:
- Celebrity Chefs Week, 7–15 September
- Chilli Festival, 21–24 September
- Beer, Wine and Cider Week, 28 September – 5 October
- Beer Festival, Saturday 5 October
- Baobab Festival, 8–13 October
- Price: Harvest Festival activities are included in the price of admission; our Beer Festival requires a ticket.
Throughout the Harvest Festival period, 7 September - 13 October
- Storytelling - Join us in the Citrus Grove of our Mediterranean Biome for tall harvest tales, every day at 12pm and 2pm.
- Corn dolly demos – The making of corn dollies was thought to ensure that the following year’s harvest would be bountiful. We'll be demonstrating how to make them and talking about individual corn dolly designs from around the world. Read our blog about how to make a corn dolly.
- Beer talk - Could it be that beer and not bread was crucial to the beginning of civilisation? Come along to the Citrus Grove of our Mediterranean Biome at 1pm to hear about this fascinating theory.
- Dionysus, the Story of the Vine meets the Story of the Grape - Learn how Greek mythology plays a part in our present-day enjoyment of wine - theatrically portrayed around Tim Shaw’s Dionysus sculpture in the Med Biome at 3pm.
- Flour sack clothing demos - Find out how American housewives made clothes using the sacks in which flour was delivered. Please note that this demo will not be on offer every day.
Celebrity chef demos at Harvest Festival
Monica Galetti of MasterChef shows you how to fillet a sea bream.http://youtu.be/fXo04npHMK4
Harvest at Eden 2012
Find out fascinating seasonal facts and tips from last year's Festival.http://www.youtube.com/watch