Harvest food festival in Cornwall
In 2014 our Harvest Festival, one of the best food festivals in Cornwall, featured a Chilli Weekend, Baobab Festival, and Beer, Wine and Cider Week! We'll put details of the 2015 festival on this page as soon as they're confirmed.
- September 2015: exact dates TBC
- Food Experts Week, 15–19 September (including appearances by celebrity chefs Antonio Carluccio, Allegra McEvedy, Jack Monroe, Natalie Coleman and Kimberley Wilson).
- Chilli Weekend, 20–21 September
- Baobab Festival, 22–28 September
- Beer, Wine and Cider Week, 29 September – 5 October
- Beer Festival, Saturday 4 October
- Price: Harvest Festival activities are included in the price of admission; our Beer Festival requires a separate ticket.
More Harvest activities
- Crying the neck tradition: join us daily at 1pm in the Mediterranean Biome as we perform the Cornish harvest custom of crying the neck - the celebration of cutting the corn.
- Storytelling: harvest-themed stories every day at 12pm and 2pm in the Mediterranean Biome.
- Check the ‘what’s on’ board in between the Biomes every day to see what the Narrators Team are talking about, demonstrating or making, including 'guided walk arounds'. You may find corn dolly making (find out how to make a corn dolly here), displays on forest hunting techniques, panela tasting or talks at our 'curiosity carts'.
Jack Monroe and Allegra McEvedy: fresh produce tips
Simple tips on how to use tomatoes, nasturtiums, ginger, chard, garlic and rhubarb in your cooking.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT2kg8eZGmc