Enjoy Eden in all weathers
- All-weather attraction
- Plant highlights throughout the year
- Seasonal activities during school holidays
- Allow 5 hours for a visit
Eden is a great place to escape the busy beaches when the sun is shining or indeed the cloudy Cornish skies when the weather is wet. We've got enough indoors and out to keep you fascinated for a whole day.
On a sunny day
As well as exploring our world-famous indoor Biomes, you can walk the miles of paths with surprises round every corner in our vast Outdoor Gardens. Here are some highlights:
- The Slopes of Earthly Treasures: gloriously unusual gardens cover the steep slopes around the side of the enormous Eden pit, including:
- Beautifully strange sculptures: meet Eve, our Giant Bee, and a huge steel man you can rock back and forth.
- Fantastically fun play equipment: let your kids loose on the Nest, the Tea Ship, the Sense of Play Garden and much more!
- Delicious food and drink: enjoy pizzas and pasta alfresco-style in our Med Terrace restaurant; slurp an Eden Extraordinary ice cream; guzzle a freshly made super-juice from our Juice Bar.
- Check out our seasonal activities: when the sun shines, so does Eden! We’ve had everything from dinosaurs to circuses to entertain our visitors. See what’s on here.
- Head inside the Biomes: experience the tropical heat of the Rainforest Biome and the wonderful fruity and herbal aromas of the Mediterranean Biome.
On a rainy day
We don’t mind a bit of rain – it keeps our outdoor plants watered, and we harvest it to flush our loos! We’ve also got loads for our visitors to see and do indoors. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Rainforest Biome: Experience the tropical heat and humidity of the world’s largest indoor rainforest. Marvel at the mind-blowing architecture and the enormous trees towering above you. Take a treetop walk on our Canopy Walkway. Discover plants that you never thought you’d meet, from cocoa pods and coffee beans to the red powder puff flower and the gigantic titan arum.
- Check out our seasonal activities: we’ve always got some indoor fun for kids over the school holidays, as well as activities for all at various points throughout the year. See what’s on here.
- Plant Takeaway: at our main entrance, enjoy this hilarious automata show – watch a video here.
- Core building: before heading into the Biomes, explore this incredible building with the beautiful 70-ton Seed sculpture at its centre and interactive exhibits like the enormous Nutcracker to play with.
- Mediterranean Biome: leave the rain behind and immerse yourself in the sights and smells of the Mediterranean. Wend your way through olive groves and vineyards, and among cacti, date palms and aromatic herbs; listen to a story in the Citrus Grove; and eat delicious Med-inspired meals in our Med Terrace restaurant.
"Very enjoyable, we had good weather. But it would still have been good in the rain. You seem to have all the bases covered."
Pssst… insider tips on visiting Eden
- During school holidays, try visiting us at the weekends or on sunny days – we’re sometimes a bit quieter then.
- Our site opens half an hour before our ticketing desks, so you’re welcome to park up and make your way to the Visitor Centre. See our opening times.
- On hot days, hang up your coat in the cloakroom in our Link building before going into the Rainforest Biome.
- On sunny days, remember to slap on some suncream as there is a risk of sunburn even inside the Rainforest and Mediterranean Biomes.
- If the weather is mixed, you can still enjoy our Outdoor Gardens, as there are several places where you can shelter from showers.
Trails around Eden
Want to explore a particular theme during your visit? Download these PDFs:
- Must-see things at Eden trail (PDF)
- Kids’ discovery trail (PDF)
- Green fingers plant trail (PDF)
- Through artists’ eyes trail (PDF)
- Meet the plants your eat trail (PDF)
"The Eden Project is totally unique, a wonderful experience – even if you hate gardening. It is a brilliant place to visit all year round."