Gardener for the day experience
- Experience for one or two people
- In the Biomes and Outdoor Gardens
- Ideal gift idea
A unique opportunity to spend the day working alongside Eden’s horticultural team in our world famous gardens and Biomes – available for one or two people. Gift vouchers available.
This is a hands-on, behind-the-scenes experience giving you the chance to pick up tips and techniques from our gardeners.
'A truly superb day that I will never forget and would reccommend to anyone interested in gardening. I came away with so many ideas and much inspiration.'
What the day includes
- Time in the Rainforest Biome, for example harvesting tropical fruits and spices while helping to tend the Malaysian home garden.
- An optional trip up to the top of the Rainforest Biome for an aerial view (temperature-dependent)
- Planting tender vegetables or harvesting citrus fruits in the Mediterranean Biome, depending on the season. You may also get the opportunity to tend olives in the olive terraces or prune grape vines in the vineyard.
- Outdoor gardening, such as sowing seeds, pruning trees and shrubs, mulching borders or harvesting fruit and vegetables. Plus a trip to our compost yard.
- Lunch and refreshments, including a cuppa with the gardeners.
- Free entry to the Eden Project for a guest of your choice.
- A 'green' gift to take home, plus a certificate.
'I just wanted to say thank you so much for organising a fantastic day for my mum; she hasn't stopped talking about her day with the gardeners since she got back!'
Jade Oliver, who arranged the experience for her mother
How to book the experience
We offer the Gardener for the Day experience on Thursdays and Fridays (8am–4pm) throughout spring, summer and autumn (not available November – February). The experience costs £99 for one person, including lunch and refreshments, and is currently available to over 18s only. We are also offering the experience for two people to book together for a total of £175.
You can book an experience online for a specific date (Thursdays and Fridays) or buy a gift voucher for a friend which they can redeem at a later date.