- Over 20 acres of gardens
- Over 3,000 varieties of plant
- Allow 2 hours to see most of the Gardens
What was once a sterile clay mine is now a vibrant global garden, brimming with plants, sculptures and play equipment.
Explore miles of paths that twist and turn up and down the slopes of the pit. You'll get breathtaking views of the Biomes and discover gardens and landscapes featuring everything from beautiful ornamental flowers to crops used for medicine, fuels, materials and food.
Top 10 things to see
- Global allotments, an inspiration for grow your own enthusiasts
- Secluded spots and hidden corners in our Wild Cornwall area
- The Nest, a huge climbing frame to keep the kids busy
- The Spiral Garden, planted to stimulate all your senses
- Plants which give us fuel
- Myth and folklore, a secret garden telling the stories behind plants
- The giant wooden ship, set in a sea of tea leaves
- Our massive sculpture made entirely of waste
- Hops and barley, the magic ingredients for beer, in our brewing display
- Hemp, the famous plant that goes into clothes and car panels worldwide