Christmas in Cornwall: celebrate at our winter festival
- 25 November 2016 – 2 January 2017 (different activities will be available on different days)
This event is now finished for 2015/16. Details of the 2016/17 event will be posted on this page nearer the time.
Here's a taste of what happened during our winter festival in 2015/16:
Enchanted Rainforest: Yule-tide Ark-ive
We joined up once again with renowned Cornish theatre company WildWorks to create a magical and unique Christmas experience. The Yule-tide Ark-ive transformed the humid tropics of the Rainforest Biome into an enchanted wonderland, celebrating Christmas through live performance, music and unexpected moments of festive loveliness.
Meet Father Christmas, and skate on our ice rink
- Storytelling: wonderful stories told by our storytellers in costume against the beautiful backdrop of the Mediterranean Biome.
- Christmas craft workshops: join us in our Mediterranean Biome to make a Christmas decoration you can take home and help us build a blizzard.
- Cornish choirs: listen to traditional Christmas carols sung at 1pm on the following days in our Mediterranean Biome:
- A delicious menu of tasty winter warmers.
Christmas trees at Eden
For the first time ever, we sold Christmas trees this year. If you bought a Christmas tree at Eden, we'll recycle your tree after the festivities are over. Simply return your tree, clean and tinsel-free, to the designated place on 9 and 10 January 2016 and we'll chip and mulch it for use by our gardeners!