Enchanted Rainforest: Yule-tide Ark-ive
In 2015, we’re joining up once again with renowned Cornish theatre company WildWorks to create a magical and unique Christmas experience. The Yule-tide Ark-ive will transform the humid tropics of the Rainforest Biome into an enchanted wonderland, celebrating Christmas through live performance, music and unexpected moments of festive loveliness.
Imagine a time in the far future when Christmas has lost its meaning. A band of intrepid time travellers from a Museum of the future have made a journey back in time to Eden to try and rediscover the true spirit of Christmas. Can you help them, by sharing your own favourite memories and rituals? Is it the smell of turkey roasting, leaving a carrot for Rudolph or the terrible jokes from Christmas crackers?
Entrance to the performances are included in the normal Eden admission price and will take place from 4pm on the following dates (please note the Rainforest Biome will close for one hour before this):
- Sat 28 Nov (4-8pm) and Sun 29 Nov (4-7pm)
- Fri 4 Dec (4-7pm), Sat 5 Dec (4-8pm), Sun 6 Dec (4-7pm)
- Fri 11 Dec (4-7pm), Sat 12 Dec (4-8pm), Sun 13 Dec (4-7pm)
- Fri 18 Dec (4-8pm), Sat 19 Dec (4-8pm), Sun 20 Dec (4-8pm), Mon 21 Dec (4-8pm), Tue 22 Dec (4-8pm), Wed 23 Dec (4-8pm)
- Sun 27 Dec (4-6pm), Mon 28 Dec (4-6pm), Tue 29 Dec (4-6pm), Wed 30 Dec (4-6pm).
Meet Father Christmas, and skate on our ice rink
In 2015 the following activities will also be on offer on selected dates - click on the links below for full details of dates and times:
Buy your Christmas tree at Eden
For the first time ever, we'll be selling Christmas trees! Our beautiful fragrant trees are locally grown, so you can be assured that they have travelled minimal miles.
We'll be offering premium cut trees in two varieties, Nordmann Fir and Blue Spruce, with prices starting at £45. We'll also be offering a brand new Norway Spruce pot-pressed tree. Grown using clever science over a number of years of research, this is the first year that they have been available and they are the ultimate sustainable tree, with prices starting at £30.
The trees will be available to buy (subject to availability) on 5, 6, 12 and 13 December from 10am to 6pm from Banana coach park; therefore, admission to Eden is not required for you to buy one.
We'll also recycle your tree after the festivities are over. Simply return your tree, clean and tinsel-free, to the designated place and we'll chip and mulch it for use by our gardeners!
- Storytelling: wonderful stories told by our storytellers in costume against the beautiful backdrop of the Mediterranean Biome.
- Stories will be told at 12pm, 2pm and 3pm on 29 November and 4, 5, 6, 11-30 December (except 12pm and 2pm only on 24 December) and at 12pm and 2pm from 31 December to 4 January.
- Christmas craft workshops: join us in our Mediterranean Biome to make a Christmas decoration you can take home and help us build a blizzard.
- Workshops take place at 12-6pm on 28, 29 November and 4, 5, 6, 11-13, 18-23 December; at 12-3.30pm on 24 December; and at 12-5.30pm from 26 December to 4 January (except 12-3.30pm on 31 December)
- Cornish choirs: listen to traditional Christmas carols sung at 1pm on the following days in our Mediterranean Biome:
- 28 Nov, The Perraners of Perranporth; 29 Nov, Keltique; 5 Dec, Carclaze Community Choir; 6 Dec, Global Harmony; 12 Dec, Ploughcappella; 13 Dec, inTune Choir; 19 Dec, The Cornwall Youth Chamber Choir; 20th Dec, Rock Choir; 23 Dec, Ingleheart and Suitcase Singers; 28 Dec, Stamp and Go; 30 Dec, Canticorum Choir.
- A delicious menu of tasty winter warmers.