Dinosaur Uprising: Land, Sea and Air - summer holidays 2016
- 23 July - 4 September 2016
- Price: included in normal Eden admission ticket
This summer, the Eden Project is set for its biggest prehistoric invasion yet as we’re taken over by incredible creatures from land, sea and air. Get ready to uncover fascinating facts about land-roaming giants, monsters from the deep and ancient creatures of the skies.
Dinosaur lurking in our Rainforest Biome
Follow our intrepid security guards as they investigate an alarm set off in our rainforest.Play video
Enter the Domain of the Dinosaurs
Tour our incredible immersive experience from summer 2015.Play video
A vivid illustration of the size and power of dinosaurs!Play video
Come face to face with a pack of life-size moving dinosaurs. Marvel at their monstrous jaws stripped down to bare bone (complete with gleaming, full-size teeth). Learn more about their habits and ways of hunting down their dinner. What did they eat? Which one had the strongest jaws?
Watch out for our roving T.rex and Triceratops as you stroll through the Outdoor Gardens and Biomes - they may have given their handlers the slip and be lurking around every corner and behind every tree (you may also spot some gentler baby creatures that the little ones can make friends with).
Be amazed by the secret life of the prehistoric seas. Dive into oceanic depths to ‘swim’ with ancient aquatic creatures that will astound you with their playful and unearthly ways. Watch wide-eyed from a distance or be brave enough to get up close to the majestic Plesiosaur.
Wonder at winged rulers of the skies swooping through the Mediterranean Biome, as we invite you to meet our Pterosaurs. From the strange-looking Dimorphodon with its oversized head to the mighty Pteradon, learn little known facts about these ancient flying reptiles.
Unearth prehistoric facts and dinosaur bones
Make sure you’re equipped to survive your encounter with our latest prehistoric inhabitants. Delve deeper into their habits and uncover incredible facts about your favourite creatures as you complete a dino journal on your journey around Eden. Then piece together a giant of the past, buried in the depths of the dig pit.
Dinos by night
Enjoy a night out with our prehistoric friends. During the summer, we’re open until 8pm Monday to Thursday, so you can choose to visit us for the whole day or just stop by on your way home from the beach.
Why dinosaurs at Eden?
Eden explores how people can work together and with nature towards a better future.
- They are a great way to reconnect youngsters with nature (from a different point of view).
- No plants – no life. The dinosaur extinction shows the fragility of life and… its amazing capacity to recover (NB. the little mammals took over – us!).
- A shot over our bows. We (humans) have conscious thought – we can help form our futures by the way we act.
Why train explorers?
- Explorer skills are essential for reconnecting with nature and helping shape our future.
Our Dinosaur Uproar 2015 event was featured in the Independent’s best new family attractions.
What people said on social media
- Thank you @edenproject for a brilliant day! My son was so excited about seeing the Dinosaurs, you certainly made his day!
- Had a lovely day at Eden @edenproject in Cornwall with my niece. A must if you are nearby.
- Awesome exhibit! Amazing evening with my nephew – the dinosaurs were fantastic! Go see them!
- My son loved travelling back to the time of the dinosaurs @edenproject today. Great exhibition, activities and staff.
- An amazing day at @edenproject totally outdid themselves!