Halloweden: October half-term, Cornwall
- Saturday 24 October – Sunday 1 November 2015
- Price: included in the cost of admission to Eden (except Little Monsters' Ball)
Celebrate Halloween in Cornwall this October half-term: get involved in magical craft activities and dare to be scared.
Halloween activities and events
Little Monsters' Ball Halloween disco 2015
- 31 October 2015, 6-9pm
- Price: £7 per person (tickets do not include ice skating)
Get your fancy dress on and join us for a spooky evening of fang-tastic fun for all the family. There’ll be plenty of creepy activities, tasty treats in our cafes and a good boneshaking disco in our Olive Grooveyard. The ice rink will be open and is sure to chill you to the bone!
Here's what happened in 2014 – details of the 2015 event will be added nearer the time.
Room on the Broom
A whole host of activities themed around Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s ‘Room on the Broom’:
- Meet Witch: for the first time, Witch herself was with us, adding a touch of magic to your half-term, welcoming you into her lovely Cornish holiday home, where she was reading the Room on the Broom story throughout the day. Watch her cast some magic spells at Eden in this video.
- Hat making workshop: make a super pointy hat just like the Witch’s and add your own magical charm.
- Trail: find the ingredients around site that create the magnificent broom.
- Head-dress making workshop: choose which character from the book you'd like to be: Witch, Cat, Dog, Bird, Frog or Dragon.
- Room on the Broom film screenings: watch the gloriously animated version of the story, and see some behind-the-scenes extras, too.
Spooky fun for slightly older children in our Wishcraft Tent:
- Positive potion workshops: make a special potion to keep somewhere safe or give to someone you love.
- Wand making: create something special to cast your own spells and protect you on your journeys.
- Creepy Hollow: do you dare to creep through the dark tunnel?
- Storytelling: spooky stories told every day in the Wishcraft tent. Dark tales for grown-ups will be told in the Malay Hut in the Rainforest Biome.
- Pumpkin carving demonstrations: watch our experts create magical designs.
- Face painting: add to your fancy dress with a fun face design.
Other Halloween activities
- Creatures of the night: say hello to some amazing owls, brought by our friends from Screech Owl Sanctuary.
- Cornish wood carvers
Room on the Broom licensed by Magic Light Pictures Ltd.