This summer at Eden, get ready to discover the evolution of life as we know it. Giant beasts, incredible stories, mind-blowing virtual reality, hands-on activities and interactive exhibits will take you on a journey through Earth’s astonishing past, precarious present day – and a future that’s ours to make.
Summer holiday highlights
- Meet our life-like mountain gorilla and hear his incredible story.
- Discover Earth’s most weird and wonderful creatures in our immersive exhibition, including an ice-age mammoth skeleton.
- Clamber through the tunnels and nets of our new Minibeast Mansion, a brilliant new addition to our Outdoor Gardens opening this summer holidays.
- Go on our VR safari and come face-to-face with a giant armadillo and other fantastic beasts from the past.
- Find inspiration in the people and projects working to save wildlife around the world, including our friends from Costa Rica, and see how you can make small changes that will help protect the planet.
- Plus daily storytelling, science workshops, family games, trails and challenges, and much more!
Plan your visit to Earth Story
Earth Story takes place from 24 July until 3 September. We're open 9.30am – 6.30pm every day. Visit our opening times page for full details on when our gates open, and on last entry.
Activities run all day, but if you're planning your visit, we will soon be providing detailed timings on the following activities:
- Storytelling in the Mediterranean Biome
- Drop-in science workshops in the Lab workshops
- Meeting our mountain gorilla
Our relaxed sessions are designed to welcome visitors who may benefit from a more informal experience, such as those with autism and sensory or communication needs. They take place on the following Wednesdays before Eden opens to the public in the morning, 8.30-9.30am:
- 31 July
- 7 August
- 14 August
- 21 August
- 28 August
There is no additional cost to attend a relaxed session, but please book your place in advance.