Journey into Space #edenastronaut Competition: Win a Space Goody Bag!
Have you seen the #edenastronaut? Look out for our inflatable astronaut – landing at beaches, events and holiday parks across Cornwall this summer. If you spot it, post a picture to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using #edenastronaut for the chance to win a space-themed goody bag worth £50.
About Journey into Space
This summer, explore our solar system and uncover the secrets of the universe – all in one epic day out in Cornwall. Train in the Astronaut Academy, take a Solar System Safari, discover freaky plants that are out of this world, meet space experts and encounter stranded aliens...
Find out more about Journey into Space
Competition terms and conditions
- How to enter: Internet access and a Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Facebook accounts are required to enter. Online entry via Twitter or Instagram or Facebook only – all participants must have access to the internet and an active Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Facebook account. If you do not have a Twitter or Instagram or Facebook account you will need to create one in order to participate and you will require an active email address in order to do this. See https://support.twitter.com or https://help.instagram.com or https://www.facebook.com/help for support.
- To enter, you can either:
-Tweet the photo that you took of the inflatable astronaut to your followers, including the hashtag #edenastronaut, and you will be automatically entered into the competition. Do not include @edenproject at the beginning of your Tweet.
-Instagram the photo that you took of the inflatable astronaut to your followers, including the hashtag #edenastronaut, and you will be automatically entered into the competition.
-Post the photo that you took of the inflatable astronaut on Facebook (as a public post, so we can find it!), including the hashtag #edenastronaut, and you will be automatically entered into the competition.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who are 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the promoter, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- The promotion will begin at 08:00 on Tuesday 25 July 2017 and closing at 23:59 on Sunday 3 September 2017. Any entries received outside these times and dates will not be accepted.
- By participating in the promotion, the entrant licenses and grants the promoter and prize provider exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
- Maximum one entry per draw on Twitter OR Instagram OR Facebook. Any entries made on other social media platforms or not in accordance with these terms and conditions cannot be counted. No entrant may win more than one prize. If anyone other than you appears in your entry, you must have their permission to use their name and/or likeness in the manner contemplated by this promotion. Maximum of one prize per household across the Promotion Period.
- If any group of people elects to collaborate on a submission, they are required to designate one person as the agent of the group to enter the promotion, agree to these terms and conditions and accept the prize on behalf of the group.
- Between 25 July 2017 and 3 September 2017 there will be a weekly prize draw starting on the Monday and ending on the Sunday of each week (with the exception of week one, which will run from Tuesday to Sunday). Any entries submitted outside these dates will not be entered into the Weekly Prize Draw.
- The weekly prize comprises of a goody bag of Journey into Space merchandise RRP value of £50. There are a total of six weekly prizes across the promotion period.
- One winner will be picked at random from all valid entries received and will be notified via Twitter or Instagram or Facebook within three working days of the weekly period closing. At point of winner notification, all winners will be asked to supply a valid email address for further information on the prize to be sent to. Winners will have 28 days following initial contact to claim the prize.
- In the event the claim for the prize is not received by the promoter within 28 days of prize notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries or claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the website. Numerous factors outside the control of the promoter may interfere with the operation of the website.
- There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control. The promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- For winner’s details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within eight weeks of the draw date. By entering this promotion, you consent to the use of this information being used in this manner.
- The winner agrees to reasonable post-event publicity by the promoter with no further recompense.
- Any questions concerning the legal interpretation of these terms and conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
- The promoter monitors entrants’ responses to this Promotion and any responses which are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter or Instagram or Facebook communities or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, and prevailing standards. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any answers in breach of this term with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.
Promoter: The Eden Project, Bodelva, Cornwall, PL24 2SG, UK