World Pasty Championships
- Date of 2017 TBC
- Free event to attend (with valid Eden admission)
As the Eden Project is based in Cornwall, our World Pasty Championships celebrate the traditional Cornish pasty recipe, as well as some more unusual varieties. From the Americas to Australia, pasties derived from recipes passed down by Cornish emigrants over centuries are eaten and enjoyed by many millions of people. We invite entries from around the world to our Championships.
The championships are supported by the Cornish Pasty Association.
Hedluv and Passman: The Pasty Song
Watch the Cornish rappers perform at the World Pasty Championships.Play video
Watch Cornwall's best comedian get excited about the 2016 Championships!Play video
Cornish Pasty Junior:
- Winner - Jack Fuller, nine, from Wadebridge.
- Second - Amy Meredith, six, from Helston.
- Third - Jodie Heath, 10, from Bodmin.
Open Savoury Junior:
- Winner - Rhys Heath, 13, from Bodmin with a "breakfast pasty", containing bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, baked beans, black pudding and hash browns.
- Second - Harrison Shaw, nine, from Portsmouth in Hampshire with a kangaroo steak in a sweet pepper and red wine sauce pasty.
- Third - Robbie Mowbray, 12, from Wadebridge with haggis, neeps and tatties pasty with wee dram.
Open Savoury Company:
- Winner - Warrens Bakery with a chicken, potato, swede, onion in a creamy white sauce.
- Second - Cornish Premier Pasties Ltd. with a chicken and mango pasty.
- Third - The Chough Bakery with a chicken, smokey bacon, leeks, potato, onions and cheddar pasty.
Cornish Pasty Company:
- Winner - The Chough Bakery
- Second - Cornish Premier Pasties (with their Cornish gourmet pasty)
- Third - Prima Bakeries
Cornish Pasty Professional:
- Winner - Julie Heard from Bodmin.
- Second - David Collings from Fowey.
- Third - Andy Heath from Bodmin.
Open Savoury Professional:
- Winner - Louise Slee from Torpoint with a pulled pork, sweet potato, shallots and cheddar pasty.
- Second - Alan Pearce from Budock near Falmouth with cheddar, red Leicester, onions, potato and cayenne pepper pasty.
- Third - Andy Heath from Bodmin with a three cheese, spring onion and potato pasty.
Cornish Pasty Amateur:
- Winner - Roger Richards from Camborne.
- Second - Alistair Wall from Camborne.
- Third - Billy Deakin from Mount Hawke.
Open Savoury Amateur:
- Winner - Don McKeever from Bristol with a pulled pork in a cider sauce pasty.
- Second - Emma Pugsley from London with a sausage, shallot, potato and pepper pasty.
- Third - Cherry Ferris from Penzance with a "Mumbai pasty", containing onion, sweet potato, green peas, cauliflower and a secret selection of 15 herbs and spices