Earth Story Facebook competition: T&Cs
Win exclusive tickets to Earth Story at Eden, plus a two-night stay at The Park Cornwall.
This summer take a journey into earth’s astonishing past, precarious present day and a future that’s ours to make, with our all new summer spectacular Earth Story, which opens on 24 July. Meet our extraordinary mountain gorilla; get up close to an ice-age mammoth skeleton; crawl, play and climb in our Mini Beast Mansion; and immerse yourself in our all-new VR experience.
We’re offering one lucky family the opportunity to win tickets to a special private viewing of Earth Story on 23 July (from 6pm) – join us for a sneak preview before it opens to the public. Plus, we’ve joined forces with The Park Cornwall, to offer you a two-night stay in one of their beautiful two-bedroom cottages, with breakfast included.
The perfect location for a relaxing, peaceful holiday in Cornwall simply has to be the picturesque village of Mawgan Porth, where you’ll find The Park – just a short stroll from its beautiful west-facing beach offering a range of distinctive and luxurious self-catering homes.
Mawgan Porth is just off the A30 and only a mile from Newquay Airport, so within easy reach of several major towns on the north Cornish coast, including Newquay and Padstow. With a wealth of restaurants, walks, beaches and attractions, there is something to suit any and every visitor.
The Park’s on-site restaurant, The Kitchen By The Beach, serves a range of dishes made with locally sourced produce. Local producers and farmers will even deliver straight to your front door if you fancy an evening cooking in your own accommodation.
After all that walking, eating and drinking, take time to relax in The Park’s heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools and enjoy coffee and a slice of home-made cake in The Kitchen By The Beach afterwards.
How to enter
To enter, just 'Like' and comment on the competition post on our Facebook page.
All entries must be received by 11.59pm on Sunday 14 July 2019.
Terms and conditions
- Internet access and Facebook account required to enter. ‘Like’ and comment on the competition post. You may wish to share the post so your friends and family can also enter, however this is not a necessary requirement.
- The prize comprises two nights’ accommodation in a two-bed cottage at The Park Cornwall for two adults and two children (aged 16 or under) on 22 or 23 July, with breakfast included.
- One family ticket to the Earth Story private view on 23 July (6-8.30pm), plus family entry (2 adults and 2 children aged 16 or under) to the Eden Project on either 22, 23 or 24 July.
- Entry is free and no purchase is necessary. One entry per Facebook account. Automated entries will not be accepted.
- Entries close at 11.59pm on Sunday 14 July 2019. One winner will be picked at random from all valid entries received and will be notified via Facebook by Wednesday 10 July 2019. At point of winner notification, the winner will be asked to supply a valid email address for further information to be sent to.
- The prize must be taken on the dates stated. The prize is subject to availability and is as described – there is no cash alternative.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. If, due to circumstances beyond their control, The Park Cornwall are unable to provide the stated prize, they reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal value.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel/transportation, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
- The draw will be independently witnessed and the chosen winner will receive the prize as detailed above following the closing date. If the winner cannot be reached, the Eden Project reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner drawn.
- The competition is not open to employees of the Eden Project, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. The promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the website. Numerous factors outside the control of the promoter may interfere with the operation of the website.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Eden Project, not to Facebook. By entering the promotion, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Facebook.
- The promoter monitors entrants’ responses to this promotion and any responses which are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the promotion. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, and prevailing standards. The promoter reserves the right to remove any answers in breach of this term with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.
- By entering, winners agree to participate in any publicity arranged by the Promoter or by its agencies.
- The Eden Project shall have the right at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- The Eden Project also reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage if deemed necessary.
- Entry into this prize draw is taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Promoter: The Eden Project, Bodelva, Cornwall, PL24 2SG, UK