Early Man at Eden photo competition: win 1 of 10 Early Man goody bags
- Instagram or Tweet your photos of your Hognob model at Eden with #hognobcomp
- The competition is now closed
- Open to UK residents aged 13 and over
Get ready for a prehistoric adventure of epic proportions at Eden this half-term, in association with Early Man, the major new film release from Nick Park and Aardman, in cinemas now.
Join us for Early Man at Eden this February half-term (10-18 February 2018), and alongside lots of fun activities inspired by the film, you’ll find out all about Hognob, Dug's trusty sidekick, and get the chance to try your hand at making him in our model making activity.
Snap a picture of your creation in an imaginative spot at Eden and you could win an Early Man goody bag, including a tote bag, Early Man poster, a clay kit to make your own Dug, a Hognob plush toy, a footbag, a Dug & Hognob tribal scratch art kit, and Early Man stickers!
How to enter
To enter, Instagram or Tweet your photo of your Hognob placed around the site at Eden to your followers (don't include @edenproject at the start of your Tweet) and include the hashtag #hognobcomp. There is no limit on the number of photos you can enter. Be creative!
Terms and conditions
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who are 13 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the promoter, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- There will be one competition, starting at 00:01 on 10 February 2018 and closing at 23:59 on Monday 19 February 2018. Any entries received outside these times and dates will not be accepted.
- How to enter: Internet access and a Twitter and/or Instagram accounts are required to enter. Online entry via Twitter or Instagram only – all participants must have access to the internet and an active Twitter and/or Instagram account. If you do not have a Twitter or Instagram account you will need to create one in order to participate and you will require an active email address in order to do this. See https://support.twitter.com or https://help.instagram.com for support.
- To enter, you can either:
- Tweet your photo of your Hognob that you took at the Eden Project to your followers, including the hashtag #hognobcomp, and you will be automatically entered into the competition. Do not include @edenproject at the beginning of your Tweet.
- Instagram your photo of your Hognob that you took at the Eden Project to your followers, including the hashtag #hognobcomp, and you will be automatically entered into the competition. You can choose whether you set your location as ‘Eden Project’ or not.
- By participating in the promotion the entrants licence and grants the promoter and prize provider exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
- The prize consists of an Early Man goody bag, including a tote bag, a clay kit to make your own Dug, a Hognob plush toy, a footbag, a Dug & Hognob tribal scratch art kit, and Early Man stickers.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of judges with at least one independent judge. The criteria for selection will be for creativity and imagination when taking your picture of Hognob.
- Ten winners will be picked from all valid entries received and will be notified via Twitter or Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. At point of winner notification, the winners will be asked to supply a valid email address for further information on the prize to be sent to.
- In the event the claim for the prize is not received by the promoter within 28 days of prize notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries or claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the website. Numerous factors outside the control of the promoter may interfere with the operation of the website.
- There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control. The promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The name and county of the winner will be available on this page within 3 months of the closing date. By entering this promotion, you consent to the use of this information being used in this manner.
- The winner agrees to reasonable post-event publicity by the promoter with no further recompense.
- Any questions concerning the legal interpretation of these terms & conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
- The promoter monitors entrants’ responses to this Promotion and any responses which are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter or Instagram communities or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, and prevailing standards. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any answers in breach of this term with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.
Promoter: The Eden Project, Bodelva, Cornwall, PL24 2SG, UK