Welcome to our jammy recipe page. We hope you enjoyed your jammy stories on your jam jar. There are plenty more jams, stories and recipes to try.
- How do gardeners keep their strawberries clean?
- How many varieties of blackcurrants are there?
- Why can you share an orange with nine friends?
- How is the apricot on a mission?
Answer to these questions and more on the jars. New flavours coming your way soon.
A very ext-straw-dinary berry
Recipe for baobab flapjacks
To make around a dozen medium-sized pieces:
- 240g unsalted butter
- 120g golden syrup
- 120g brown sugar
- 400g rolled oats
- 15g baobab powder
- Eden strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Melt butter, syrup and sugar in a pan then whisk in the baobab powder.
- Put ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix (just until combined – don’t get carried away)
- Pour half of the mixture into a lined tray and press down - gently.
- Bake for 10 mins and remove from the oven.
- Add enough strawberry jam to cover the part-baked mixture.
- Add the remaining mixture over the top.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven, carefully and partially cut part way through into your required portions (this makes it easier to cut when cooled).
Fruit with altitude
Recipe for Blackcurrant Jam smoothies
- 375g fresh or frozen blackcurrants (or mixed berries)
- 500ml milk
- 100g Eden blackcurrant jam
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Put the lid on and whizz until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy.
Super Seville-ised fruit
Recipe for Sunday roast glaze
Take your roast goose (or chicken or duck) out of the oven 30 minutes before it’s ready. Brush with a marmalade glaze and pop back in the oven to crisp up.
Marmalade glaze ingredients
- Cup of Seville marmalade
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt or drizzle of soy sauce
Mix ingredients and massage over the goose.
Fruit on a (moon) mission
Bread and butter pudding with Apricot Jam
- 10 slices bread
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 3 tbs caster sugar
- 300ml cream
- 100g Eden apricot jam
- 30g ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spread the bread with apricot jam and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Arrange bread in a greased oven-proof dish.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and cream.
- Pour over the bread and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with clotted cream or custard.