It’s Great Outdoors: how to join in
Help us test out a series of play boxes with your under-fives. We’ll send you the boxes for free – you simply provide feedback in return.
About the project
It’s Great Outdoors is a pilot project to support families in the UK with children under the age of five to spend time playing outdoors together.
We’ve developed a range of play boxes that help parents create exciting and playful experiences for their children in nature alongside other families.
But we need people to test them out which is where you come in…
We have teamed up with the Land Trust to find people in your area who would like to have a go with a series of outdoor play boxes in return for some feedback on their experiences.
How it works
If you join us for the journey, here’s what would happen:
- You register your interest and contact details
- We’ll send you a series of playboxes containing a range of activities for different types of play; creating, building, exploring, imagining, performing and communicating. Each play box will have enough kit for up to 10 children playing together, including objects, instructions, invites and stickers. The first play box will be distributed in early autumn 2018.
- You’ll invite a group of families to try out the play box activities with you (between two and five families with kids under five)
- We’ll invite you to give your feedback on each box as a group via a short digital or paper questionnaire (posted back with a paid SAE)
- We have a limited amount of play boxes to share so places on the project will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
How to get involved
Please put yourself forward by filling in our online application form below. We’ll let you know if you have been successful.