Recipe for apricot and baobab flapjacks
Here’s a tasty recipe we’ve served at Eden, which features the nutritious powder of the baobab fruit – available on-site in the Eden Project Shop and online in the Eden Project Webshop.
- Makes 10-12 pieces
- 240g unsalted butter
- 120g golden syrup
- 90g light brown sugar
- 30g dark brown sugar
- 400g rolled oats
- 120g dried apricots, chopped
- 15g baobab powder
- Preheat your oven to 180°c / gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter, golden syrup, sugars and vanilla essence in a pan. When melted, whisk in the baobab powder.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients together until combined – do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into a lined tray and gently press down.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Take out of the oven, carefully and partially cut part way through into your required portions (this makes it easier to cut when cooled).
- Serve and enjoy!