The Fairies Left Behind activity
Encourage your little ones to use and develop their observation skills with this fairy-inspired activity.
- You will need to prepare a tiny letter from the Fairy Queen. For this, use a very small piece of paper and write in the smallest writing you can. We recommend you write something along the lines of:
My fairy friends and I seem to have lost our things when we visited your home/garden. We cannot find our tea cups, toothbrushes, shoes or footballs. Please can you look closely in your garden/home for our things? If you find them for us then we will sprinkle some fairy magic over the land to spread happiness.
Lots of love from the Fairy Queen xxx
- You can start the search by demonstrating finding a tiny natural object and reimagining it as a tea cup, for instance.
- If you don't have a garden or the weather is bad, you can find some of the smallest things in your house and reimagine them as the fairies’ belongings.
- Encourage your kids to do the same. There will be lots of opportunities to talk about what fairies (and humans) need toothbrushes and teacups for, which will help your little ones to build on their personal and social development, and their understanding of the world.
- We would love to see what the fairies left behind in your garden or home. Please share your photos on social media and use the hashtag #edenathome