School Challenge: Potions and Commotions
- 3-hour session at the Eden Project
- Suitable for years 3, 4, 5, 6
- £8.25 per pupil
A practical team challenge for schools which gets pupils using their senses to explore the world around them in unusual ways. It includes outdoor games, creativity and craft.
School trips to Eden
Find out why students and teachers enjoy their educational trips to Eden so much!Play video
Teams play, learn and work together to complete the challenges and win back their friends’ freedom.
What happens:An original Eden story inspires pupils on a learning journey in our Outdoor Gardens. In order to complete their quest and release kidnapped Ken and Barbie, they’ll need to take part in physical games and challenges and use their senses to explore the world around them in unusual ways. They’ll create poems, craft wands and prepare powerful potions to transport them safely back to reality.
Skills and curriculum links
This Challenge enables pupils to:
- focus on successful teamwork and collaboration
- respond creatively to a stimulus using poetry and craft materials
- use creativity and imagination to solve challenges
- a facilitated 3-hour session with our Education Team
- full, free access to the Eden site for the day (during opening hours)
- all equipment needed to complete your challenge
- a personal welcome from the Education Team on arrival
- a base for your bags in our purpose-built education centre, The Core
- a space to eat your own lunch
- free entry for accompanying adult helpers, whose participation is essential to the success of the day (please note, our maximum adult/pupil ratios are as follows: KS2 and KS3, 1:10)
- a free preparatory visit to Eden for teachers wanting to plan their school trip, which should be booked in advance
Combine this with an overnight stay
Why not make a proper trip out of your school visit and combine a School Challenge like this with a School workshop and a stay at the onsite YHA Eden Project? Make your booking via YHA Eden Project.