Teacher training for outdoor learning
- Ideal for INSET or CPD
- Suitable for primary schools
- Focus on outdoor learning
- Takes place at the Eden Project, in your school or online
Flexible teacher training designed to help teachers and practitioners make best use of the outdoor classroom and get your pupils outside more for learning and play. Come to us at the Eden Project with your team, or we can come to your school, or deliver online.
Teacher training at Eden or in your school
Led by experienced members of Eden’s education team, we aim for a thought provoking and inspiring session that will demonstrate how your school grounds are brimming with potential for outdoor learning. Choose one of our suggested themes:
- An introduction to learning outside
- The Primary Curriculum Outdoors
- Outside-in: using the outdoors to support children’s wellbeing
...or we can create a bespoke session just for you.
Our methods are playful, linking closely to the curriculum to achieve an enquiry-based and challenge-led approach to the core subjects. Our in-person training balancds time spent outdoors sharing practical ideas with a strong theoretical foundation based upon current research.
Our aim is to leave you with pockets full of ideas and ‘ready to go’ activities, and with new confidence for planning your own curriculum linked sessions and events.
'The day has massively inspired me to incorporate outdoor learning in the whole curriculum.
Teacher, Parc Eglos
What's our teacher training like?
- Creative and fun. You will be out and about, exploring fresh ideas to enhance your curriculum and make the most of your outdoor spaces.
- Empowering and practical. Our sessions balance time exploring activities and ideas with theoretical discussion. We can help you to meet your targets, build a ‘whole school’ ambition and get things like health and safety right.
- Tailored to your needs and grounds - whether it takes the form of a full day or a series of twilights, whether it's cross-curricular or subject focused.
What you'll get out of it:
- Understand the benefits and power of outdoor learning and play.
- Explore the potential of your school grounds.
- Experience a variety of practical, creative and playful ideas – building a bank of ideas and activities for you to use straight away.
- Build tools and confidence to develop your own outdoor sessions.
- Consider the balance of risk and opportunities – and look at ways of managing risk in the outdoor classroom.
- Twilight, half- or full-day sessions at Eden, in your school or online: from £610 + VAT for a full day’s training for up to 20 people; £275 + VAT for a twilight session.
- Online consultation and supported planning to create a programme to meet your school’s needs: £110 + VAT for initial discussion plus one-hour consultation.
To book or find out more please contact us on email@example.com.