School Challenge: Natural Detectives
- 3-hour session in the Eden Project outer estate
- Suitable for years 3-6
- £8.40 per pupil
- Available for June and July
A sensory exploration of Eden’s wider estate around the YHA, honing observational skills and discovering nature’s secrets in Eden’s lanes, fields and hedgerows. Available for June and July.
School trips to Eden
Find out why students and teachers enjoy their educational trips to Eden so much!Play video
This challenge is an exploration of nearby nature, in which pupils travel through the fields and lanes of Eden. They'll use all of their senses to reveal nature and all its wonder in new ways. It's a fantastic opportunity to compare the life of the rainforest with our own Cornish nature.
What happens: Starting with an ‘unnature trail’ to train the eye, pupils will hunt mini-beasts and investigate their habitats, before working together to create a home for some unlikely visitors. They’ll use games and craft to learn about adaptations, and will be asked to think about life in its many forms, including how animals, plants and people can live successfully together.
Skills and curriculum links
This Challenge enables pupils to:
- broaden vocabulary and understanding of habitats, interdependence and adaptation
- make careful observations, noticing similarities and differences
- communicate effectively with others to complete a task
- A facilitated 3-hour session with our Education Team
- All equipment needed to complete your challenge.
- All activities fully risk assessed.
- Eden Challenges cost £8.40 per pupil, with a minimum charge of £168 per group (includes VAT).