A whole year’s entry to the Eden Project for just £5
This winter the Eden Project is offering a year’s entry to everyone living in Cornwall or Devon for just £5.
The special deal comes as Eden’s magical ice rink returns at £5 a skate.
The Locals’ Annual Pass is open to all Cornwall and Devon residents visiting between Monday, October 31 and December 15, or from January 3 to February 10.
They just need to bring proof of primary residence (for example a utility bill) together with some photo ID and they’ll get an annual pass which allows unlimited entry for a whole year.
During the offer period visitors can enjoy Eden's sparkling winter season which this year features lantern processions and festive cooking demonstrations – all included in the annual pass.
The recently-opened Eden Bakery has a new autumn menu and there’ll be a chance for everyone to brush up on their cooking skills as the project’s master bakers demonstrate the art of the perfect mince pie and other festive treats.
For just £5 more, visitors can also enjoy a 40-minute skate on the newly-designed ice rink which is a glittering winter wonderland of icy tunnels, stunning light displays and glacial walls.
There are special rink activities for the whole family from now until next February:
- Parent and Toddler sessions are for accompanied under-sixes to play on the rink with lots of toys. These take place every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday morning and cost £3 per child with one free adult.
- Chilly Penguins is a skating session for six to 12-year-olds involving rink races, team games and prizes. These one-hour sessions take place every Sunday at 10.45am and are £5.
- For those wanting to brush up on their pirouettes or just starting out, there are six-week skating courses suitable for a range of abilities. Start dates are November 5 and 9 and January 4 and 7 at £49 per adult and £39 per child.
- For a fun night out, skaters can bring a friend for free on two-for-one nights. For a full list of these evenings, go to http://www.edenproject.com/come-and-visit/whats-on/ice-skating.php
- Experienced skaters can have the rink to themselves in the Superskate sessions every Saturday at 8pm for £5.
- With the Mid-Week Saver Skate on Wednesday afternoons visitors can enjoy two hours skating for the price of a 40-minute session.
- For regular skaters, a season pass valid from now until February 26 is £80 while a half-season pass from December 26 onwards is a great Christmas gift at £40.
For a break from skating visitors can prepare for the festive period in the Hive of Activity by making delicious edible Christmas decorations and gifts in the Eden Bakery every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from November 11 until December 18.
On every late-evening opening from November 25 until December 30 there’ll be lantern parades, twinkling light displays, Cornish choirs, a giant Christmas tree and beautiful fire sculptures.
Martin Williams, Eden’s marketing director, said: “The Locals’ Annual Pass offer represents fantastic value for money for everyone living in Cornwall and Devon to come and enjoy lots of different activities at Eden all year round as well as the world’s biggest rainforest in captivity on your doorstep.
“For just another £5 you can also come and have a skate on our spectacular rink at anytime from now until next February.”
For all bookings, ticket prices and full opening times for skating and more, visit www.edenproject.com or ring the Box Office on 01726 811972.