Take to the ice as the Eden Project’s spectacular rink returns: October 22, 2011 – February 26, 2012
Eden’s magical ice rink is back from October half-term with a new glacial look and skating sessions for all ages and abilities through to Christmas and the New Year.
Skaters will be greeted by a glittering winter wonderland of icy tunnels, stunning light displays and icicles surrounding the newly designed rink.
Each public skate session begins on the hour and is 40 minutes long at £5 per person. For a full list of times and dates from October 22 to February 2012, go to http://www.edenproject.com/come-and-visit/whats-on/ice-skating.php
There are special rink activities for the whole family throughout the winter:
- The Parent and Toddler sessions are for accompanied under-sixes to play on the rink with lots of toys. These take place every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday morning and cost £3 per child with one free adult.
- Chilly Penguins is a skating session for six to 12-year-olds involving rink races, team games and prizes. These one-hour sessions take place every Sunday at 10.45am and are £5.
- For those wanting to brush up on their pirouettes or just starting out, there are six-week skating courses suitable for a range of abilities. Start dates are November 5 and 9 and January 4 and 7 at £49 per adult and £39 per child.
- For a fun night out, skaters can bring a friend for free on two-for-one nights. For a full list of these evenings, go to http://www.edenproject.com/come-and-visit/whats-on/ice-skating.php
- Experienced skaters only have a chance to 'tear up' the ice in the Superskate sessions every Saturday at 8pm for £5.
- For regular skaters, a season pass valid from October 22 until February 26 is £80 while a half-season pass from December 26 onwards is a great Christmas gift at £40.
The return of the ice rink coincides with Eden's sparkling winter season.
Visitors can prepare for the festive period in the Hive of Activity by making delicious edible Christmas decorations and gifts in the Eden Bakery every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from November 11 until December 18.
There’ll be a chance to brush up on baking skills as Eden’s master bakers demonstrate the art of the perfect mince pie, cookies and other festive treats.
On every evening Eden is open late from November 25 until December 30 there’ll be lantern parades, twinkling light displays, Cornish choirs, a giant Christmas tree and beautiful fire sculptures.
For photography fans there’ll be an exhibition of the rarely seen wonders of the natural world in the Veolia Environement Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
Co-owned by the Natural History Museum and BBC Wildlife Magazine, the exhibition showcases over 100 winning and commended photographs and is on exclusively at Eden from November 19 to January 15 as part of normal admission.
For all bookings, ticket prices and full opening times for skating and more from now until Christmas, visit www.edenproject.com or ring the Box Office on 01726 811972.