Salary / Rate of pay
As part of the Digital Team, the Digital Developer will be involved in the specification, development and maintenance of Eden Project’s websites and other digital platforms. Working under direction from the Digital Delivery Manager, they will be involved in establishing the technical and functional requirements for new projects and delivering new websites that meet Eden’s functional needs whilst maintaining standards for Accessibility and cross-platform compatibility across a range of web browsers and devices.
The role will also involve assisting in the maintenance and monitoring of the Eden web architecture including Drupal websites and PHP Dreamweaver websites (including web servers and database servers) to ensure that systems are secure, backed up and run efficiently.
Monday, August 19, 2013
Expectations for performance
- Problem solving and attention to detail to deliver first-class products in a timely manner
- Keep up to date with web technological developments and standards to ensure the websites and digital assets we deliver meet best practice guidelines and legal requirements for accessibility while delivering a top rate user experience
- Responsible for testing new developments across digital platforms
- Work closely with graphic designers and web content managers to arrive at the best solution for realising the design vision on appropriate digital platforms.
- Implementation of designs using relevant front-end technologies and methodologies
- Development and maintenance of sites built using Drupal 7 CMS and Dreamweaver / PHP
- Monitor web systems, analyse performance, predict problems and recommend appropriate action.
Key skills that will help you
- Ability to interpret requests and turn them into workable solutions
- Analytical and diagnostic skills
- Experience developing and maintaining Drupal 7 websites including front-end theming / styling and back-end custom module development / maintenance
- Considerable experience in web technology and web development. Useful skill sets will include:
• HTML 5
• Dreamweaver / PHP
• User experience (UX) design
• Cross-browser / platform testing
• Drupal 7 (Drupal 8 of interest for possible future developments)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain potentially complex technical development issues in a manner that can be clearly understood by non-technical persons
- Able to juggle priorities andwork to tight deadlines
Qualities you will need to display
- The ability to remain calm and focussed when working under pressure and for multiple internal stakeholders
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Work well within a multi-disciplinary team
Qualifications that fit (essential)
Qualifications that fit (desirable)
- User experience – developing, researching and testing information architecture (IA) and human-computer interaction (HCI)
- Awareness of responsive and adaptive design
- Media production – video / photographic asset creation
How to apply
Download the pdf application form below, save it, fill in the boxes on the pdf, then email it back to email@example.com. Or give our recruitment line a call on 01726 811967.