Name our pterosaur Facebook and Twitter competition terms and conditions
Please read the terms and conditions below.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of the Eden Project, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- Closing date: midnight on Tuesday 23 August 2016. Any entries received after this time and date will not be accepted.
- How to enter: Internet access and a Facebook or Twitter account required to enter. To enter ‘comment’ on the post on the Eden Project Facebook page entitled ‘Suggest a name for our baby pterosaur and you could WIN’, or Tweet your suggested name for our baby pterosaur and include the hashtag #hatchosaur
- No purchase necessary to enter. One entry per Facebook or Twitter account. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
- There is one prize to be won. The prize comprises of a family ticket (two adults and two children) to the Eden Project and a bundle of dinosaur goodies, including Rebor dinosaur models, books, stickers, craft games, soft toys and stationery. One winner will be picked from all valid entries received and will be notified either via Facebook or Twitter within 31 days of the closing date.
- The family ticket to the Eden Project does not include entry to any ticketed events, and must be used before 31 December 2017. A child ticket is valid for children between 5-16 years of age. Entry to the Eden Project for under 5s is free.
- In the event the claim for the prize is not received by the promoter within 28 days of prize notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the website. Numerous factors outside the control of the promoter may interfere with the operation of the website.
- There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- Owing to circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the promoter reserves the right to vary or amend these terms & conditions, and the closing date of the promotion but will use all endeavours to minimise the effect to the participant to avoid undue disappointment.
- The name and county of the winner will be available on this page within 3 months of the closing date. By entering this promotion, you consent to the use of this information being used in this manner.
- The winner agrees to reasonable post event publicity by the promoter with no further recompense.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of these terms & conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement or refuse further participation in the promotion where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This promotion is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. You are providing your information to the Eden Project, not to Facebook or Twitter.
- To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all participants, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running of this promotion via Facebook, but will respond to questions via email@example.com.
- Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments on The Eden Project’s Facebook/Twitter page or elsewhere during the promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants and fans of The Eden Project or directly aimed at the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the promotion. The promoter reserves the right to alert Facebook or Twitter to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
Promoter: The Eden Project, Bodelva, Cornwall, PL24 2SG, UK