Our coir compost is made from compressed coir which was a product previously thrown away with coconut husks. It’s incredibly concentrated – just add water for rich compost.
• Sustainable alternative to sphagnum moss
• Natural soil conditioner
• Naturally repels slugs, bacteria and bad fungal spores
• Great for small gardens – needs very little storage
• Break off only what you need – makes it concentrated and weed-free
• Great for gardeners with bad backs – you don’t need to lug big sacks around
• Perfect for the peat-free garden
• It’s a natural by-product of the coconut industry so this compost reduces waste
• Supports farmers in developing countries
What is coir?
Coir is the outside husk of coconut – the hairy bit. It’s really fibrous and strong, and because of its clever properties it has a multitude of uses in the garden and house.
It’s anti-fungal, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial so you often find coir flooring, such as matting, upholstery stuffing etc.
Horticulturalists love coir, as plants thrive in its compost. Use coir for superior tomatoes and roses for spectacular results. Simply add water for a rich compost.
Coir compost disc – two in a pack.
Add water and it will expand to 1 litre of compost.
This item is available for Express Delivery - next working day, if ordered before 12 noon (excluding weekends)
This product is available for gift wrapping and will be delivered in an Eden Project jute bag
with a tag.