Expedition Space competition: T&Cs
Look out for our inflatable astronaut and friends as they join us at Eden on 1-2 September 2018, to be in with a chance of winning an Expedition Space goody bag worth £50!
Take the trip of a lifetime to this summer’s number one travel destination – Space! Embark on the mind-blowing Mission to Mars, pick up your moon buggy driving license, and try your hand at mini golf on Mercury. Plus, clamber across the rocky boulders of Titan, dare to try our super-fast Space slide, and get top tips on space travel from our very own extra-terrestrial friend, Mort.
During the last weekend of our Expedition Space programme, we’re offering an out of this world Space goody bag to one lucky winner, and it's worth £50.
To be in with a chance of winning, look out for our inflatable astronaut and friends at Eden on 1 and 2 September – if you spot them, simply post a picture on Twitter or Instagram using #ExpeditionSpace to enter. Alternatively, you can pick up a rocket flyer from our friendly Expedition Space team, colour in the alien picture on the back, and upload a snap of your coloured-in creation to Twitter or Instagram using the same hashtag.
How to enter
To enter the competition, post a photo of our inflatable astronaut or your coloured-in alien picture on Twitter or Instagram, including the hashtag #ExpeditionSpace.
All entries must be received by 11.59pm on Sunday 2 September 2018.
Terms and conditions
- To enter, tweet or post on Instagram a photo of the inflatable astronaut OR your coloured-in alien, found on the back of our rocket leaflet, with the hashtag #ExpeditionSpace to your followers and you will be automatically entered into the competition.
- On Twitter, tweet the photo you've taken of the inflatable astronaut or your coloured-in alien to your followers, including the hashtag #ExpeditionSpace, and you will be automatically entered into the competition. Do not include @edenproject at the beginning of your tweet.
- On Instagram, post the photo you've taken of the inflatable astronaut or your coloured-in alien to your followers, including the hashtag #ExpeditionSpace, and you will be automatically entered into the competition.
- Internet access and a Twitter and/or Instagram account are required to enter. If you don’t have either of these you will need to create one in order to participate in this competition. See https://support.twitter.com or https://help.instagram.com for support.
- Online entry via Twitter or Instagram only. Any entries made on other social media platforms or not in accordance with these terms and conditions cannot be counted.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries or claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland). You need to be aged 18 years or over to enter.
- Employees and their immediate families of the promoter, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion cannot enter and will not be counted.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
- Maximum one entry per draw on Twitter OR Instagram.
- If anyone other than you appears in your entry, you must have their permission to use their name and/or likeness in the manner contemplated by this promotion.
- If any group of people elects to collaborate on a submission, they are required to designate one person as the agent of the group to enter the promotion, agree to these terms and conditions and accept the prize on behalf of the group.
- This promotion runs from 8am on Saturday 28 July 2018 and closes at 11:59pm on Sunday 2 September 2018. Any entries received outside of these times and dates will not be accepted.
- The prize comprises of a goody bag of Expedition Space merchandise valued at an RRP of £50.
- No other expenses, including travel, are included.
- There is a maximum of one prize per household across the promotion period.
- There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control; in the event of such circumstance, the promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative of equal or greater value.
- The prize must be claimed by the winner. If this does not happen, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage. This will happen in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter or where fraud, abuse and/or error affects or could affect, the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes.
- One winner will be picked at random from all valid entries received and will be notified via Twitter or Instagram within seven working days of the weekly period closing.
- The winner is required to respond within 28 days following initial contact to claim the prize. In the event the claim for the prize is not received by the promoter within 28 days of prize notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- At the point of winner notification, the winner will be asked to supply a valid email address for further information on the prize to be sent to. By entering this promotion, you consent to the use of information being used in this manner.
- The winner has four weeks to supply a valid email address. If they fail to do this the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- The winner agrees to reasonable post-event publicity by the promoter with no further recompense.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries, including but not limited to, asking for address and identity details, of which must be provided within 14 days. Failure to do so will result in a refusal to award a prize, withdrawal from prize entitlement or withdrawal from any further participation in the promotion. This will also come into effect if there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or where a participant has gained an unfair advantage or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this clause.
- The promoter monitors entrants’ responses to this Promotion and any responses which are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter or Instagram communities, or which contain anything which could cause offence or distress, will be removed from the Promotion. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, and prevailing standards. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any answers in breach of this term with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.
- By participating in the promotion, the entrant licenses and grants the promoter and prize provider exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert.
- Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
- Any questions concerning the legal interpretation of these terms and conditions will be based on English Law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter: The Eden Project, Bodelva, Cornwall, PL24 2SG, UK